PDA

View Full Version : 10-03-04 SMR

Schreck
October 2nd, 2004, 05:13 PM
Who's going? I just put on 2 new tires and need to scrub them down....Just got off the Derferred to so I need someone to follow me Sunday.... tongue.gif Brian, you back in town yet? tongue.gif

The Big Spank Daddy
October 2nd, 2004, 07:36 PM
You mis-spelled "to". It's "tu". :eek:

Schreck
October 2nd, 2004, 07:51 PM
No I didn't....Tu is for the ones who wreck there bikes and can't ride yet.....Sunday, I'll see you there!

The Big Spank Daddy
October 3rd, 2004, 01:39 PM
Tony, you looked just "tu" ravishing in those new leathers. The color realy compliments your eye shadow :D

Ride went well, no cops and no incidents. 2 new guys that were really cool. All in all a good day.

Brian Montgomery
October 3rd, 2004, 04:29 PM
Brian was Tu busy racing the mini in Katy this weekend. It sure was a hot mother efffer...What in the hell happened to the cold front?

CalamariKid
October 3rd, 2004, 07:39 PM
I headed up North, but missed the riders there. Are you guys meeting at Paul's house? I was at the Chevron on Spring Cypress and 249.

Headed up through the forrest and enjoied a beautiful peaceful ride. I ventured off on some of the side roads, one led to a community called Hidden Forrest. It is an eclectic collection of lake houses and camp houses. One of the roads wound around a good size lake. The lake had a deck/fishing platform with some benches which was a perfect place to enjoy a smoke and watch the sun break through the morning mist.

Another road, Bethel, off to the left about 2 miles before Richards turned to gravel about half a mile in. In went on like that for several miles with several trailheads branching off before rejoining 149 just before Montgomery.

Back at Montgomery, sipping on a cup o' joe, I met another TSBAer, David Beck. He and I went back up through the forrest when his Beemer buddies no-showed. Ran 3090 a couple of times then parted company.

Good ride, and aside from a kamikaze butterfly that exploded on my helmet, the insects were pretty tame.

Later.

brianstephenson
October 4th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Whoa - the northern crew all went west again for a change o pace. Sorry we missed you, bra'!

Pete
October 4th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Brian Montgomery:
Brian was Tu busy racing the mini in Katy this weekend. It sure was a hot mother efffer...What in the hell happened to the cold front? *Hijack*
So did you do? Was it just you and "Soil Sample Sean"? :D

Brian Montgomery
October 5th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Well, Sean made it without a crash during the race. We only made 4th place. Sean did crash on the first lap of his practice in turn 2. I warned him that it would be slick as hell till the tires got warmed up. Did he listen? Hell no! tongue.gif Overall, it was tons of fun like it always is. Next year the bike will be completly rebuilt and ready to race a full season.

Jim P.
October 5th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Hey Brian.. if you think it was slick Sunday.. you should have been there Sat for the sprints.. I raced my pocket rocket... in the rain no doubt.. was a blast... my first race.. and I never crashed one time.. but i did have to do some fancy steering to get around all those down on the ground.. I think some crashed like 10 to 15 times in those 8 laps.. it was a blast.. cant wait to find some more pocket rocket races.. sorry I didnt get to go sunday.. other things promised... see ya.. congrads on 4th.. not tutu shabby..
Jim..

Brian Montgomery
October 5th, 2004, 08:23 AM
No, Jim, it wasn't slick at all to me. It was just slick due to cold tires when Sean rode it for the first time in practice. It is always slicker than snot til the tires and the air in them gets heated up. I am glad you had fun Jim. You know that they race them at all the TMGP races except for the endurance. So maybe next season you will be going to a lot more races. I am kinda sad to see the season end. It was a fun one.