PDA

View Full Version : Fixing bent wheel?

ganderson
October 3rd, 2004, 09:31 AM
Well I was getting ready for the SMR this morning, and realized I have a badly bent wheel. (The result of falling into a huge pothole on the I-10 HOV at the 610 exchange last Sunday)

How/where can I get this fixed?

The Big Spank Daddy
October 3rd, 2004, 01:27 PM
Yes, I know exactly where that pot hole is. it is about 6" wide and 24" long right square in the middle of the lane in an apperent fresh patch of asphalt. Been there for about 2 weeks now.

Experienced riders stay out of the center of the lane :eek:

Call me at the house and I will give you Gary's phone number. He had a bent front wheel and took it some place here in town. If I recall, it was less that $100 to repair. 281-345-7328.

VFRacer-R
October 3rd, 2004, 08:08 PM
If Gary doesn't have the number, I have it at work. I will be there tomorrow.

The place I know of is right at the 59/Bissonnet- it is a $99 minimum, and you have to bring the wheel to them completely bare. The do good work, a lot of racers in the area use them- I am bringing my wheels to them next week.

Warren White
October 4th, 2004, 08:41 AM
I took mine to A-1 Wheel. They are on carrot street which is up by Louetta and Kykendauhl. They straightened my wheel for $90 and I did not have to remove brake rotors or bearings. Just had to take the tire off.

Brian Montgomery
October 4th, 2004, 01:02 PM
For the price to repair the rim and then powder coat it again, cause most companies are not repainting them, it is sometimes cheaper to get one on Ebay. I got one from Evan at Grand Prix Motoring for 150 bucks...even mounted up the tire on it for me.

VFRacer-R
October 5th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Brian Montgomery:
For the price to repair the rim and then powder coat it again, cause most companies are not repainting them, it is sometimes cheaper to get one on Ebay. I got one from Evan at Grand Prix Motoring for 150 bucks...even mounted up the tire on it for me. Evan gave you a helluva deal- Ebay has GSXR wheels for $200 at a minimum (99% of the ones I have watched anyway).

Warren, do you have the number? It sounds like the place you went is considerably cheaper than mine...

[ October 05, 2004, 21:03: Message edited by: Tommyboy ]

Warren White
October 6th, 2004, 08:06 AM
A 1 Wheel Straightening-Fax Line
18512 Carrot St Ste 300
Spring, TX 77379-4923
Phone: (281) 376-5477
Fax: (281) 376-5477

Scott E. was the one who told me about them.

tmtaz21
October 12th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Warren White:
I took mine to A-1 Wheel. They are on carrot street which is up by Louetta and Kykendauhl. They straightened my wheel for $90 and I did not have to remove brake rotors or bearings. Just had to take the tire off. Who did you talk to over there? I called them today and they told me I would have to strip the wheel bare :(

Warren White
October 13th, 2004, 07:51 AM
Scott Eichorn(Houston Chapter's new secretary) took care of it for me . The dodge dealership he was working at used them. So he had it taken over there early in the morning and I picked it up later that afternoon. I don't know who it talked to over there. Maybee they changed there procedures as this was about 6 months ago.