PDA

View Full Version : Chain Help

Sean Smith
July 12th, 2004, 09:31 PM
I going to replace my chain and I like Tsubaki so I ordered an Alpha Gold 525 110-link from MAW. They are on backorder. Does anyone else know were I could get this chain at a decent price?

I looked at parts411, and they give a price but don't show an option for a master or rivet link.

Whatever I go with MUST have the rivet link and high tensil strentgh.

Any help is much appreciated.

VFRacer-R
July 12th, 2004, 09:52 PM
I use Regina on my race bike- comes with both types of master link also.
You can get them through Lockhart Phillips for a good price...

[ July 15, 2004, 21:05: Message edited by: Boogity Boogity ]

CalamariKid
July 13th, 2004, 02:14 AM
You can try www.cyclepages.com (http://www.cyclepages.com) though they are a bit pricer than MAW. ($136 + $10 shipping) Motorcycle Superstore shows them on back order until 8/11 so I would verify with cyclepages that it is in stock prior to ordering.

rtbain
July 13th, 2004, 03:30 AM
If you need a staking tool I finally broke down and purchased a good one. You are more than welcome to use it.

The Big Spank Daddy
July 13th, 2004, 11:14 AM
I would offer the use of my chain tool but.......Tony S. broke it and has not bothered to replace it yet, after about a year of hounding him about it :mad:

Brian Montgomery
July 13th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Did you guys forget where Sean lives? He is in Lousy Anna! LOL...So unless you are shipping him the chain tool, I doubt he is going to drive to Houston to get it. Hey Sean, I am sure that you can find a chain here in Houston. You could then pay by credit card and I can deliver it when I head that way tomorrow. I am sure cyclegear has the chain you need in stock at a good price to boot.

Sean Smith
July 13th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Brian, I went to cyclegear.com and I don't see were they offer any 525 set-ups. If you can direct me to any other Houston Vendors that would be in your area it would be appreciated.

rtbain
July 13th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Brian Montgomery:
Did you guys forget where Sean lives? He is in Lousy Anna! LOL...So unless you are shipping him the chain tool, I doubt he is going to drive to Houston to get it. Hey Sean, I am sure that you can find a chain here in Houston. You could then pay by credit card and I can deliver it when I head that way tomorrow. I am sure cyclegear has the chain you need in stock at a good price to boot. Oops! If he pays postage both ways.... smile.gif

Pete
July 13th, 2004, 06:34 PM
I hope your going to get new sprockets too. Youd probably have better luck trying to find a RK or DID chain as they seem to be more common. I got one of those AFAM kits from sprocketcenter. It came with a DID X-Ring gold 525 chain and steel AFAM sprockets.

http://www.sprocketcenter.com/home.asp

Sean Smith
July 13th, 2004, 09:17 PM
I've looked around and I'm not in dire need of the chain. I can wait till 7/29. Now it must be a Tsubaki 'cause I want it and can't have it.

Pete my boy, OF COURSE I'm buying new sprockets. I ain't some greenhorn.

Brian, thanks for the offer to pick up the chain. You were there when it counted. It will not be lost on me. You might get a bottle of Hennesy AND Chivas Regal at Deal's Gap.

By the way, I rode hwy. 22...yawn. I hear the Northshore has some real nice roads. You should try up there when you ride up next time.

We have roads around Lafayette better than what the Baton Rouge guys have. Didn't realize it till I went ride up there with some of those guys.

A couple of the BR guys came to Lafayette last weekend and they couldn't believe how good the roads were. I said this ain't $hit, ya'll should ride the hill country!

We are so depraved down here.

tankmonkey
July 14th, 2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Sean Smith:
We are so depraved down here. I hope you mean deprived... :D

(although I'd believe certain parts of louisiana were depraved. :eek: )

Sean Smith
July 14th, 2004, 11:10 AM
You're right more deprived than depraved, but a little of both to be sure.

How's the Calendar, or Calender, or was it Colander? :D

Paul Sonderfan
July 14th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Sean, did you try calling CycleGear in Houston? 281-448-3700. I know when I replaced mine, I found that they had the same chain for less than the one I had already mail ordered.

tankmonkey
July 14th, 2004, 02:07 PM
How's the Calendar, or Calender, or was it Colander? :D my calendar is pretty full these days...

I really haven't had need for a calender roller since I left the photofinishing business...

you'd have to ask my wife how the colander is doing, since she does most of the cooking...

ditto for the cullender... :D

Sean Smith
July 14th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Paul Sonderfan:
Sean, did you try calling CycleGear in Houston? Just got off the phone with Albert at CycleGear. He said the chain I'm looking for is a hot commodity right now because of race season. Thanks for the number Paul.

I'll just wait till they come in from MAW. I probably won't be doing much riding between now and then anyway. We justed implemented Oracle into our company so I want to get all the hours I can before we fold. I'm updating my résumé in between the chapters of my new Hunter S. Thompson book Kingdom of Fear

I hope ya'lls week is going better than mine.

Pete
July 14th, 2004, 08:09 PM
I've looked around and I'm not in dire need of the chain. I can wait till 7/29. Now it must be a Tsubaki 'cause I want it and can't have it.

Pete my boy, OF COURSE I'm buying new sprockets. I ain't some greenhorn.

Brian, thanks for the offer to pick up the chain. You were there when it counted. It will not be lost on me. You might get a bottle of Hennesy AND Chivas Regal at Deal's Gap.

By the way, I rode hwy. 22...yawn. I hear the Northshore has some real nice roads. You should try up there when you ride up next time.

We have roads around Lafayette better than what the Baton Rouge guys have. Didn't realize it till I went ride up there with some of those guys.

A couple of the BR guys came to Lafayette last weekend and they couldn't believe how good the roads were. I said this ain't $hit, ya'll should ride the hill country!

We are so depraved down here. T2.....nuff said. :D

Sean Smith
July 14th, 2004, 08:18 PM
I told you to quit calling me THAT! ;)

I was a little hammered when I wrote that. May I be forgiven?

Warren White
July 15th, 2004, 07:27 AM
Hey Randy or anyone else that has one, I just picked up my new chain and sprockets last night and I am in need of a rivit tool. I would like to get the bike back together before the weekend so I am willing to drive out and pick it up and then drive it back to ya. And I promise I wont go to Steve's to use any of his air tools either