PDA

View Full Version : SMR 18 JUL

CalamariKid
July 17th, 2004, 08:14 AM
Who's in?

StuartR
July 17th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Charles - I should be in. Let me know if you want to meet up around Hwy 6 and 90 or 99 and 90 and ride up to Brookshire.

CalamariKid
July 17th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Sounds good Stuart. How about HWY 6 and 99 at the McDonalds. I'm thinking stands up at 7:15. Whatdoyathink?

VFRacer-R
July 17th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Charles Nevle:
Sounds good Stuart. How about HWY 6 and 99 at the McDonalds. I don't think 6 and 99 meet...

Brian Montgomery
July 17th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Anyone wanting to do the full route post up. I mean full route...not the normal SMR....I mean all the way to the forest and back to Chappel Hill and so on. Besides, no one has been doing the full normal SMR here lately anyways. Wussies! lol tongue.gif

[ July 17, 2004, 12:09: Message edited by: Brian Montgomery ]

The Big Spank Daddy
July 17th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Who you callin' wussie? I did the full route last week. In the almost three years I've been riding the Forest Run was never part of the route. They always went right on 150 from 390 to Chappel Hill. Buuuuuuuuuuuut seeing as how you seem so energetic lately, I might just tough it out, but only if you join Paul and I in the beer cooler :eek:

Oh Charles, I do not think 6 and 99 cross either. :confused:

[ July 17, 2004, 13:05: Message edited by: Chris Donnelly ]

Pete
July 17th, 2004, 01:08 PM
The full route usually entailed going through lake Somerville and sometimes up towards College Station. I can count the number of times I've riddent the forest on one hand and think the Somerville ride is better and alot less traffic. I'm up for a longer ride tomorrow where ever the consensus wants to go though.

Brian Montgomery
July 17th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Chris, I was refering to the majority! tongue.gif

StuartR
July 17th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Charles - 7:15 at 99 and HWY 90 tongue.gif sounds good.

Paul Sonderfan
July 17th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Long ride sounds good to me. I'm getting excited about visiting the "cooler" already. :D

The Big Spank Daddy
July 17th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Paul, you were looking soooooooooooo cool in the whitie tighties that I got me one. We should blend in nicely. What say you Brian? ;)

Brian, as for speaking about the majority,...Oh.

Gerald came over today and I mounted a tire for him. he claims he will make the SMR.

Jim Trimm called and said he would be coming if it wasn't raining :confused: He's got a new helmet and tires and wants to show them off. Plus this may be his last ride with the boys. Linda is taking the MSF course and will want to "ride" with her man from now on. tongue.gif

As for Jeff, well he is house sitting a couple houses down and says he will join us. His R1 friend is also suppose to join us. Both of their track records aren't that great lately, so again, we'll see.

Scotty called me too and said he would join us to Fayetteville, but will probably go back after breakfast.

So far it is looking like a big turn out for tomorrow if everyone shows up. To add to that I have gotten two emails this week from prospective mebers who I invited to join us. If the group is looking fairly large we might consider two groups. We'll see tomorrow morning how it goes.

And Brian, no more Peach Tree rd, that is realy sucking and is in pretty bad shape.

[ July 17, 2004, 20:33: Message edited by: Chris Donnelly ]

CalamariKid
July 17th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Gerald came over today and I mounted...Was I the only one that got real nervous at about this point in the post?

Stuart,

99 & 90 it is.

I was planning on taking my boys over to Sam's Pub to watch the MotoGP race tomorrow around 2ish, but really don't have to be anywhere until by kids' Karate tournament at 3:45 which I will need to be home by 2:30 for at the latest, so depending on how the day is going time wise I may or may not be in for the long haul.

Paul Sonderfan
July 17th, 2004, 08:59 PM
A guy that works with Tina is supposed to be coming also.(Frenchman on a Ducati [Be nice]}. Aaron is sick, don't know about "Big Aaron", Brian S.(if he survives tonight's party)MAYBE Brad. Still, should be a crowd.

CalamariKid
July 17th, 2004, 09:46 PM
My wife just informed me that she has to go into the office in the AM so I am out.

The Big Spank Daddy
July 18th, 2004, 01:38 PM
There was a great turn out this morning. Jeff and his buddy Mike managed to make it as well. We ran into a small rain shower about 1 mile before New Ulm. At the stop sign it had quit raining. About half way through the twisties past Frelsburg the road was dry. So Scotty turned around missed out and if Gerald had just continued on for another mile, he would have had a great ride today. WUSSIES :D

Had a great breakfast in Fayetteville and headed to Round Top. Ran into one LEO running radar at the 290 junction. I thought for sure he had gotten the main group, because I was way back when my Bird Dog went off. As I drove by at the posted speed I fully expected him to make a U-turn, but he did not.

Bobís road was a little wet on the first part, but soon dried out. We headed towards Navasota and then did 159 to Milican and then to the Beer Cooler in Navasota. Cooled off with some A/C and some drinks. Headed up 3090 and then through the forest.

Jeff, Stuart and I came across one more LEO sitting in wait with his radar on just north of 290 on Cypress Rose Hill. Jeff and I made it home okay. However, I think the chain on the GPZ has turned its last mile. So, it is parked until I find the funds for some new sprockets and a chain.

Pete
July 18th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Chris Donnelly:
Ran into one LEO running radar at the 290 junction. I thought for sure he had gotten the main group, because I was way back when my Bird Dog went off. As I drove by at the posted speed I fully expected him to make a U-turn, but he did not.I dont' what the deal is with that part of 290 that we get on for about 2 miles but 3 out of 4 times theres a cop coming the other way. They must drive around in circles in that area or something. Luckily after we made quick work of the entrance ramp we slowed down and went by him at about 75. :D