PDA

View Full Version : P.O.'s Tonight

Chatterbox
July 20th, 2004, 07:10 AM
Who's going?

Come on guys - it's not an SMR, but you meet some really nice people. They have some really neat bikes, too.

I know you don't like "social" things - this is a RIDING club. But if you don't socialize a little, how can you meet new people to ride with and learn about new roads/routes? :D

Paul, Brad, Charles? You guys showing up tonight? Brad, what about your brother AND brother-in-law? Chris always talks about Brett, but I sure can't remember ever having met him. Would be nice to put a face with a name.

Hope to see some of you there tonight. smile.gif

CalamariKid
July 20th, 2004, 08:11 AM
I am going to try and make it. My wife has been putting in a lot of OT which has
/POSITIVE SPIN ON/
given me the opportunity to spend a lot of quality time with the kids lately
/POSITIVE SPIN OFF/
but has cut into my cycling time. As of this morning she does not think she will have to work late, so I may be able to make it.
So, once again, where the hell is this place?

Chatterbox
July 20th, 2004, 08:27 AM
P.O.'s is on Telge approximately 1/2 mile north of 290 West.

290 West - AFTER Hwy 6/1960 but BEFORE Barker Cypress.

290 West to Telge
Right (north) on Telge
Go through the 2 lights where the school is (about 1/4 mile)
P.O.s will be about another 1/4 mile on your right (east)

Be careful cuz the drive is in or just after a sweeping curve. There is an rusted antique-looking pickup sitting in the parking lot, and there is a giant hamburger on the top of the sign pole.

Linda Tupper
July 20th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Would love to go tonight, but have things to get wrapped up this evening, for Jim & I are leaving tomorrow for vacation. Ya'll have fun.

The Big Spank Daddy
July 20th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Looks like I'll be there. Sure don't want to miss anymore of those MSF stories :eek:

[ July 20, 2004, 12:05: Message edited by: Chris Donnelly ]

Chatterbox
July 20th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Had a good turn out tonight. There were 15-16 in all (6 from TSBA). Most of us were on bikes - did have a few cagers. There were a few vintage bikes out tonight. One of the guys said he'd bring a different one next week, but wouldn't give any hints.

Oskar, Scott, Warren, Charles and Jake - glad you could make it. It's been a long time since I've seen some of you.

Oskar, nice to see your hand is better and that you're back on the bike! :cool:

Scott, hope to see your wife next time out. I'm sure that she'll have a good time and learn a lot in the MSF Course, despite the fact you might be a fellow student! tongue.gif

Warren, bet you were glad for a "reunion" with your old bike. smile.gif

Charles - well, like I told you - I'd start worrying if your wife boosts your life insurance and starts designing roads closer to your home!! :D

Jake, I think Chris is about ready for another tire. Had any flats lately? ;)

Hope to see you guys (and hopefully some other faces) next week. I promise not to make my french fries fly again!! :rolleyes:

The Big Spank Daddy
July 20th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Lots out tonight. One bike there was a '67 Honda hawk, really cool. One of the guys said he may clean up the carbs on one of his CBXs and bring it next week.

As for vintage, well Cindy and I took the FJ. There were several new faces and some more TSBAers. Glad to see everyone.

Warren White
July 21st, 2004, 07:50 AM
that blue suzuki was cool I didn't even know they made one like that. I overheard someone say that it was a rotary motor. Nice to see everyone again.