PDA

View Full Version : grr ebay stinks

Jake_GSXR_750
October 20th, 2004, 09:06 PM
Ok I order a swingarm off ebay and in the auction it states that its in exellent condition.. well it arrives today and the right spool mount is rashed up and you cant even mount up a spool cause its rashed up. Scratches on the left and right side of the swing arm.. I dropped 250 on this thing and was pretty pissed off when I got it out of the box!! Hell the one I have on my gixxer now has been in a lowside and didnt sustain any of the rash that this one has on it and it doesnt even have a scratch on it... The only thing I reason I wanted to replace the swing arm all together is cause the racespool mount is bent a bit.

Eurostc
October 20th, 2004, 10:17 PM
give em bad feedback..
did you pay-pal//// you have recouse
get an e-bay ep involved...
some of your op's....!

go get em.... :mad:

Sean Smith
October 21st, 2004, 12:30 AM
Could've been worse.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2494983410&category=35585

[ October 21, 2004, 01:31: Message edited by: Sean Smith ]

rtbain
October 21st, 2004, 03:31 AM
I would definitely complain to the person you bought it from first. If they donít reply or satisfy your complaint (reduced price or accept return including shipping and any other fees) take your case to PayPal and eBay.

I have bought and sold dozens of items on eBay without and problems. Two things to look for: Positive feed back, how long the is has been in existence.

PayPal offers buyer and seller protection in some cases.

Jake_GSXR_750
October 21st, 2004, 04:55 AM
I had given them an email and I will see how they respond to the situation. They have about 2600+ responses on ebay with a 99.2% positive feedback. I wasnt too worried with ordering from them cause they had great reviews and seemed like they knew what they were doing. They had given me their phone number in emails we had exchanged back and fourth. I will most definatly give them a call this morning.

Jake_GSXR_750
October 21st, 2004, 02:27 PM
I got ahold of them this morning.. They said we have 3 options to go by..

1) have me re powdercoat the swingarm and they will pay for it.
I didnt choose this one cause it still wouldnt take care of the problem with the mounting bracket for the Left side race spool.

2) Ship it back and if they have one in stock they will send me one in better condition.

3) Refund my cash

I figured I would give them another chance and go with number 2 for now. If they dont have another one I will have them just pay me back for the item.

AaronEustace
October 21st, 2004, 03:43 PM
Despite the initial problems, they sound fairly reasonable.