PDA

View Full Version : Race bike prep and wrench day

VFRacer-R
October 22nd, 2004, 03:45 PM
We were discussing in the trackday forum about having a race bike wrench day. Something that some of the newer members that are getting in to racing can take advantage of, and, have members learn about/see the race bikes that some of us have.

I think it would be silly to just have racers, so when we do this, we would also encourage the membership to bring their street rides for PMs also. The garage would just be reserved for the race bikes under the wrench, and the street bikes would be in after the work was done on the race steeds.

Anyone interested????

Randy or I have volunteered to host (I will have my shop cleaned up...).

rtbain
October 22nd, 2004, 05:50 PM
We should order a couple of dozen 3/32 drill bits. I am serious, if you order in quantity you get a much better deal.

CalamariKid
October 22nd, 2004, 06:30 PM
I'd be interested fo' sho'. I'll get in the way more than help, but I view it as a great opportunity to learn.

VFRacer-R
October 22nd, 2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Charles Nevle:
I'll get in the way more than help, but I view it as a great opportunity to learn. That's why we do these things....

To see who is going to get in the way so they don't get invited to the next one! :D

J/K

Come on down, it usually teaches us all a thing or three to have these functions.

[ October 22, 2004, 22:59: Message edited by: Tommyboy ]

StuartR
October 23rd, 2004, 07:35 AM
Set a date and I'll be sure to try and make it.