PDA

View Full Version : Fram oil filters 6018 (connections?)

Schreck
October 29th, 2004, 03:10 AM
Looks like all my contacts are out and I need to stock up....Does anybody have connections and at around $5.50 a filter. I wouldn't mind buying 6 or more. Fram 6018 for the GSXR 1000.
Thanks for the information.
Send me a PM or call me at 713 480 8489. :rolleyes:

Brian Montgomery
October 29th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Wal-Mart by my house carries them....

rtbain
October 29th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Aren't there reliability issues associated with Fram oil filters? From what I have read they are not especially efficient units.

VFRacer-R
October 30th, 2004, 09:00 AM
Yeah Randy, they have been falling apart on several people.

Inlaw1
October 30th, 2004, 09:11 AM
Not a big fan of Fram either. Especially after reading this article. (http://www.twocreeks.net/toby/oil_filters/fram.shtml) The opening line for Fram Filters is "If anything, the Fram will show you how NOT to build a high performance oil filter."

Stick with OEM Tony, you may pay a little more but you are getting a quality product.

Schreck
October 30th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Great! I've learned a great deal now and decided to change to the OEM filters. Stubbs just told me there customers were using them on the GL1800 and had engine problems...$$$$ Filters falling apart and material breaking down the engines. That's why you can't find them **** things because Fram won't comply MFG spec. the way they should be made. Thanks for the feedback guys! ;)

[ October 30, 2004, 15:31: Message edited by: Tony Schreck ]

Kelly
November 6th, 2004, 07:34 AM
Excelent link Gary! I was surprised to see the Yamaha OEM filter's less than adequate construction.

Inlaw1
November 6th, 2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Kelly:
I was surprised to see the Yamaha OEM filter's less than adequate construction. I'm a fan of Yamaha and it's quality and was surprised at that as well.

Welcome aboard TSBA Kelly! Hope to meet you on a Houston Hill Country ride sometime next year! smile.gif