PDA

View Full Version : The gixxer is almost fixed!!

Jake_GSXR_750
October 31st, 2004, 08:45 AM
All I have to do now is just order plastics and put a new stator cover on. She will be streetable again in about 2 weeks I think.

Brian Montgomery
October 31st, 2004, 12:19 PM
I have a stator cover for sale if you want it

Jake_GSXR_750
November 1st, 2004, 11:13 AM
How much? In good condition?

Brian Montgomery
November 1st, 2004, 12:07 PM
Nevermind, they are different parts from the 01-02 to the 03-04...who would have thought that?

www.ronayers.com (http://www.ronayers.com) has them for $81.95
Part number: 11351-18G00

[ November 01, 2004, 12:09: Message edited by: Brian Montgomery ]

Jake_GSXR_750
November 1st, 2004, 02:23 PM
Too bad they dont fit.. Thanks for the help though, I can get it cheaper from a shop here locally than getting it from Ronayers.com.

-=sean)=-
November 2nd, 2004, 12:07 AM
I've got a stock stator cover in great condition, after repairing my '04 wreck. I'll sell it to you for $40. The stock suzuki covers are molded alum. rather than forged, so they shred fairly easily, so I'd suggest going with the tougher Woodcraft covers ( http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=12699 ). Kneedraggers.com has them for a better price.

[ November 02, 2004, 00:24: Message edited by: -=sean)=- ]

Jake_GSXR_750
November 3rd, 2004, 08:14 PM
You have a pic of it by chance?

I am trying to go completly stock with the bike as I can.. The only aftermarket stuff I have on the bike is. Zero Gravity DB windscreen, Bar ends, Clutch lever and soon to be Yoshi Rs3 Highmount slip on. I love the way the bike lookes stock so I want to stay as close to stock as I can. It will probably be easier to sell this way as well.

The good thing about my wreck was when its totally fixed you wont even be able to know it was down. All cosmetic damages exept for a bent spool mount on the swingarm.

-=sean)=-
November 4th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Jake_GSXR_1000:
You have a pic of it by chance?
Now that I've found my camera and remembered that I actually posted this, I should be able to have a pic by tonight. ;)

Jake_GSXR_750
November 4th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Cool thanks bro, If it is any easier for you.. You can email the pic/s of it to me. JakeWest@houston.rr.com

rtbain
November 4th, 2004, 04:02 PM
I apologize for the post, the gearhead in me just won’t let it pass.

Stock covers are usually cast. Molding is a term usually associated with plastics. But its kind of the same process.

The after market part is CNC milled from billet stock. In other words they take a chunk of aluminum and cut off all the stuff that doesn’t look like the cover.

Forging involves a hydraulic press and LOTS heat and pressure. This leaves a blank than must be further machined to desired specs. Forging is an art in itself and can yield exceptionally strong, durable parts. Its also very expensive.

Thanks,

I feel much better now.

-=sean)=-
November 5th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Randy Bain:
I apologize for the post, the gearhead in me just won’t let it pass.Thanks for the info. and keep us layman honest. :cool:

Jake_GSXR_750
November 19th, 2004, 09:44 PM
I ordered the Left fairing off of ebay 2 days ago.. The guy said it never was installed on a bike and it was in showroom condition. I got the fairing for 280 and the shipping made it come to 308 and change.. Man that was a steal!! New retail goes for 599 and change. Half price aint bad.

I ordered the Upper and Rear fairing from DGY.com today .. I got them for 600 including shipping. So I got a decent deal.. I was quoted 1152 otd for all three from a shop here in town. I figured I would stil shop around a bit I am sure glad I did!!!

Last pieces I need are the stator cover still and the Right ram air duct mesh. I lost that piece the other day when I was riding around the neiborhood. I had to run it it hadnt been started in about a month.

[ November 19, 2004, 21:48: Message edited by: Jake_GSXR_1000 ]