PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Meeting

Paul Sonderfan
November 3rd, 2004, 06:25 AM
Awesome weather, so everyone should be at the meeting this Saturday. Do we have any new business to cover?

brianstephenson
November 3rd, 2004, 01:50 PM
For the newer squids, you might want to remind of the time and place....and the fact that you often buy everyone lunch! Assume we are riding bikes down to the Heights, heh?

brianstephenson
November 3rd, 2004, 01:51 PM
ohhh yeah, we need to go over the proposed TSBA sponsorship of our TRACK bike, right? :D

rtbain
November 3rd, 2004, 02:45 PM
Our web site URL is:
http://www.tsba.org/houston/

Click on the meetings tire. There is a link to a map.

Oskar_Z28
November 3rd, 2004, 04:37 PM
TU busy that day. Might be able to ride Sunday, depending on how hung over I am.

rtbain
November 5th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Would someone please bring a digital camera to the meeting? The post office needs pictures of our officers and new members.

Scotty
November 5th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Pres. Paul, Nov. meeting agenda
We should get back to basics a bit on club rides ,especially for new riders !. The "pace " is the best ride,and the safest. New riders need to be mentored on this,not end up in the ditch or the fence on 949!. I have ridden with TSBA since 1997 and was mentored at the start by Roy,Louis,Craig,etc. There are times ,and ways to haul ,but it's also getting harder due to build up in places. We have to ride smarter,and help new riders more if you want the club to grow.
I joined the rides because I saw a flyer on the notice board at Wild West Honda. We should put them up around the dealers again.
Spend some money on a few books/tapes like Code,Isnsech [spelling?] ,etc. Let them be checked out and returned for the next person.
Encourage track days,build up the spirit de corp which has been lacking lately !. We did have special lunch ride weekends with wives /girlfriends, etc. Have an annual dinner with some fun things like most improved rider,or whatever !.
Sincerely, Scotty.
GSXR-1000,03

CalamariKid
November 5th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Sorry that I won't be able to make the meeting.

Scotty, I like your suggestions. Regarding the books, I am happy to donate some from my collection to get it started. Who is going to be the librarian? I am partial to blondes with short skirts, tied back hair, big ...

Sorry, got off track there for a sec, I guess we would need a way to keep track of them, etc, since we don't have a physcial 'library'. (No clubhouse and books on wheels does not work two well with only two wheels!)

Anyway, like the idea. And always up for doing more social stuff. I keep meaning to have a BBQ, but just never have time to get it going...

Jim P.
November 6th, 2004, 09:14 AM
Sorry guys.. I want be able to make the meeting today... had foot surgery almost 2 weeks ago. still in a cast.. cant even drive my car.. wow.. one never knows what he misses or takes for granted till you cant do it... Well have a good meeting and a great weekend.. hope to see yall back on the road soon..

Jim..