PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Bike Insurance Q

Pete
February 23rd, 2005, 06:43 PM
I think I'm going to add another scooter to my garage and I got a decent quote from State Farm but they said that my current bike insurance price would remain unchanged? In other words if I have two bikes I'd have to pay two full price premiums which seems like a rip off to me. I've never had more than one bike but I've always heard that adding another one was always alot cheaper. Anyone got a comment on this? I was exchanging emails with my agent so I never got a chance to argue this point with her. Just doesn't seem right since I can only ride one at a time.

[ February 23, 2005, 18:45: Message edited by: Pete Strezo ]

The Big Spank Daddy
February 23rd, 2005, 07:28 PM
I have 4 bikes, $350 per year, liability only. They give me a 10% break for each additional bike and another 10% for my MSF card.

http://www.bike-line.com

Linda got a a renewal for her Goldwing and I believe it went up. She called this place and it was like a $100 or more cheaper.

rtbain
February 24th, 2005, 09:24 AM
I use Progressive. I carry full coverage on the BMW and liability only on the hack. When I added the hack my annual premiums went down $10 per year.

Progressive also gives a bit of a discount to AMA members.

Schreck
February 24th, 2005, 09:52 AM
I'm with Progressive as well and have had no reason to look elsewhere.... ;) MSF and AMA and bike alarm discounts are excepted. :D

Oskar_Z28
February 24th, 2005, 01:45 PM
So Pete,

The big Q: what are you getting?

Pete
February 24th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Bike Line and Progressive are pretty cheap for liability but they quoted me around $2500 for full coverage on my 2000. :eek: But I might change my 2000 to one of them just for the liability rate but no one has come close to SF for full coverage that I've seen.

As far as what bike lets just say currently its over 600cc but under 1000cc. :D

[ February 24, 2005, 21:16: Message edited by: Pete Strezo ]

rtbain
February 25th, 2005, 05:42 AM
One more thing. If you give Progressive all your insurance business you get a better deal.

Jim P.
February 25th, 2005, 09:45 AM
I have all my insurance with State Farm.. I pay $82.oo monthly for full coverage on my bike.. not a bad deal.. but i think Dairyland Ins. can beat it by a little.. Progressive gave similar quote but not with as much coverage.. just keep shopping.

Jus10
February 25th, 2005, 11:12 AM
We had an agent come to our meeting this week. He specializes in motorcycle insurance and is in Houston so give him a shout. He's an independant and has uses some companies most dont think about. He knows which ones offer the best rates for which bikes (yes, different companies veiw the same model differently).

TWFG Insurance Services
Dan Herrera
866-585-0417
www.BuyMotorcycleInsurance.com (http://www.BuyMotorcycleInsurance.com)