PDA

View Full Version : Who's riding Sunday 27, 05 -SMR

Schreck
February 24th, 2005, 10:01 AM
I can imagine that everybody road today to work....Who's going riding this weekend to enjoy this great weather were predicted to have? :D
I'm itching to ride again this Sunday...I did manage to get out last Sunday and got held up on FM529 with all the Rodeo wranglers....Drunks on Horses, now that's a sight to see... tongue.gif

[ February 25, 2005, 14:30: Message edited by: Tony Schreckenbach ]

Schreck
February 25th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Hello Houston??????
Anyone out there????
Testing
Testing.....

CalamariKid
February 25th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Can't Sunday. Tu many other things going on this weekend. I am going to hit Motorcycles Unlimited's soree for a little while though.

StuartR
February 25th, 2005, 11:57 PM
Well I was going to do a long ride tomorrow to Austin for a piece of pie, but the rain gods are not going to cooperate. SO...looking forward to a Sunday ride.

T Jones
February 26th, 2005, 05:41 AM
I'm planning on being there

Pete
February 26th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Are the rides still at 9am? :confused:

Pete
February 27th, 2005, 07:47 AM
Can anyone out towards Katy post up a weather report? Looks like the rain has moved passed but the roads are wet by me. Maybe a 10am SMR is in order today.

StuartR
February 27th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Radar looks good but the roads are wet down here in Sugar Land. That extra hour would be nice to let them dry out. I would be cool with a 10 am start.

The Big Spank Daddy
February 27th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Its still pretty wet out this way. I think I'm going to put new chain and sprockets on Cindy's bike. Maybe after 12:00 or 1:00 we may go out for a little ride.

Pete
February 27th, 2005, 08:33 AM
The sun is starting to come out now but the roads are wet. I think another hour will make a big difference so I'm going to be at the JIB at 10am. Probably just run up to Orsaks for lunch and back. I'm wanting to ride bad today.

[ February 27, 2005, 09:02: Message edited by: Pete Strezo ]

The Big Spank Daddy
February 27th, 2005, 08:17 PM
I went for a short ride out Racer Road and back. Checking out my new helmet, gloves and ear phones for the bird dog. All worked well. Saw several bikes and no LEOs.

Roads were dry and weather was sunny. It felt real nice out. However, once you got moving it got a bit chilly. Fortunately I had on my cold gear and was fine. The heated grips were also a big help.

As for the new Aria, very impressed. The most impressive thing is the clarity of the shield obtics. When I first pulled out of my drive way I thought I did not have the shield down. I reached up and indeed it was down. It took me a few minutes to adjust, but quickly began to appreciate why that shield cost $45. Absolutely no destortion throughout the visual range of my perifrial vision.

[ February 27, 2005, 20:18: Message edited by: The Big Spank Daddy ]

StuartR
February 27th, 2005, 09:26 PM
I got to the JIB at 9:05 this morning. The ride up from Sugar Land was a bit cool and the roads where damp. Had breakfast and hung around waiting to see if Pete would show up. At 10 oclock no Pete, but a Wing, Valkyre and a Harley pull into the JIB lot. The Wing rider comes in and says to me no ones going to show up dude so come ride with us. It's Louis!

As we head towards racer road we pass by FM 362 and there is Pete at the stop sign! With a wave he falls in behind us as we hit 1453 on our way to a bakery in Bellville. The sun is starting to come out and it's getting warmer. We stop for brunch and Pete finally realizes who is leading this rag tag bunch of bikes.

After some chow and good coversation its noon and it's decided since some of the guys need to head back to the casa quick, we take 36 straight back down to I-10. Pete says he has too get back too to mow the lawn but as we are heading down 36 I see his right signal pop on. He can't resist the pull of 949! And neither can I! By now the weather is **** near perfect and the surface is dry so we break off from the rest of the group and strafe our way over to Fayetteville and back.

Not the usual SMR but I had an absolute blast riding today on what turned out to be a perfect day to ride! Thanks to Louis for plucking me out of the JIB ( was getting ready to ride back home and probably would have missed Pete). And thanks to Pete for wanting to lay down a few more miles this afternoon! :cool:

[ February 27, 2005, 21:28: Message edited by: Stuart Robles ]