PDA

View Full Version : Our Bike Shopping Excursion

The Big Spank Daddy
February 26th, 2005, 09:45 PM
Went new bike shopping with Linda and Jim today. We went most every place in town, even one Harley dealership. Don’t think Jim and Linda spent a dime all day, but the excursion cost Cindy and I a pretty penny.

I got a pair kangaroo riding gloves at Cycle Gear with a 10% coupon that set me back one C note.

While we were sitting at Wild West crunching some numbers I remember Pete Strezo telling me he bought his ZX6 at Highlands Kawasaki. He made a bold comment about how they will beat any deal, or something to that affect. So, I pick up the mighty cell phone and give them a ring. Hmmmmmm, price is basically the same as Wild West. I ask the guy if he’ll throw in a new helmet to make the deal. He says, “No, but I have a whole wall of $400 to $500 Arai and Shoei helmets marked down to $150. They’re a couple years old, but all brand new.”

We cannot race to the van fast enough to get going. It’s 3:40, pouring rain and they close at 5:00. Traffic on I-10 is a mess, 3 wrecks, 1 burned car and an 18 wheeler in the wall at Bayou drive. Nothing is holding me back as I negotiate the typical Houston freeway traffic obstacles.

Cindy gets a list price $499 Quantum/e with graphics for $150 and I get a list price $479 Signet/e for $150. But still, Jim and Linda leave empty handed.

Hey, Linda? I would of swore I heard that last bike calling your name as we were leaving………………
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

[ February 27, 2005, 20:19: Message edited by: The Big Spank Daddy ]

Pete
February 27th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Thats a pretty good helmet deal. The Arai's just don't fit me good though.

I was doing some bike shopping yesterday too and WW was in the ball park. Highlands did beat them by a little over a hundred bucks so I may see if WW will come down some more. Otherwise I'll have to decide if the drive out east is worth the additional savings.

The Big Spank Daddy
February 27th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Talk to Frank at WW. Tell him Cindy sent you over and you are with the TSBA. He is wanting to get in good with a Sport Bike group and is helping us out on the Points of Interest Challenge with some prizes.

Be sure to let him know Cindy sent you. She's been really smooshing him and he seems to want to work with us.

WW and HK were both identical on price with Linda's EX500.

[ February 27, 2005, 08:26: Message edited by: The Big Spank Daddy ]

Lainie Donnelly
March 1st, 2005, 12:27 PM
So that would be like a helmet for each bike now?? :D