PDA

View Full Version : Jim's 2001 ZX6 STOLEN IN SPRING

Chatterbox
March 1st, 2005, 02:33 PM
Please be on the watch for Jim Trimm's 2001 ZX6 Yellow with purple accents (appears to be black).

Jim said the right fairing down by the pipes has a burned spot and scratches on the fairing.

They were robbed today - that bike was stolen out of their garage along with all of Jim's tools.

No other details yet - will post when know more.

You can contact me or Chris to get Jim or Linda's numbers if you see or hear anything. Thanks.

[ March 01, 2005, 14:45: Message edited by: Chatterbox ]

Chatterbox
March 1st, 2005, 04:01 PM
The thieves also stole the bike trailer. One of the portable trailers from Harbor Freight - red. Must have used it to haul everything away.

They apparently tried to take the ZZR, but couldn't get the lock off (?). They also took the brand new tire changer he just got for his birthday, all his power tools, all his hand tools, a/c gauges for automotive, a box of dirt riding gear, and even some dumbell weights!

Thank goodness the cop that took the report is a motorcycle rider himself. As a matter of fact, he races a Kawasaki with CMRA.

Looks like the thieves took their time - lots of cigarette butts left lying around. They tried to get to the big air compressor, but didn't get that.

I'm sure Jim will post up tomorrow once he gets back to work.

[ March 01, 2005, 16:05: Message edited by: Chatterbox ]

Brian Montgomery
March 1st, 2005, 05:53 PM
Wow, that really sux ***. The home owners insurance will pay for everything but the bike...I hope they kill themselves on the bike.

CalamariKid
March 1st, 2005, 08:47 PM
****, that really, really, sucks. I have been seeing a lot of posts recently about bikes getting stolen.

Sounds like these guys knew what to expect behind doors number 1 and 2. Hopefully the police can track them down. In any case I am saddened to hear this.

I will keep an eye out on eBay for tools and parts from his bike. Were there any unusual or expensive tools taken? Something that could help in an eBay search?

[ March 01, 2005, 20:52: Message edited by: Charles Nevle ]

Jim Trimm
March 4th, 2005, 09:00 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Cindy for posting for me. Thanks everyone for being on the lookout but chances are the stuff is long gone. I've spent the last two days getting better security for the house and the garage and making list of all the things missing. Most of my hand tools have my name engraved in them but I doubt that will make much difference. The theives seem to want the tools more than the bikes (I had 4 bikes in the garage and they only took 1 ). Oh by the way floor jacks make very good motorcycle dolly's.

Jim P.
March 4th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Jim.. sorry about your stuff man.. that just really makes me boil with anger.. I hate thieves. I just never been able to figure out how people can steal, lie and cheat and sleep at night.. guess its the drugs they take after selling your stolen stuff ... Oh well.. sorry.. hope you do get some of it back..
Jim.

Pete
March 4th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Dam there seems to be a rash of bike thefts in Houston. I've been thinking of sinking a bolting point into my garage foundation to chain my bike to. I only ride on Sunday so it wouldn't be too inconvienent to do it. Ideas on theft prevention might be a good topic for next months meeting.