PDA

View Full Version : SMR 11-07

Schreck
November 7th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Excellent! We had a great turn out with new and old members....Thanks to all for the support pulling the front and pushing the rear. :eek: Hehehehe! tongue.gif That would be Paul, Chris, and Volker. tongue.gif ..Oh yeah - ;) Pauls says who ever rides sweep gets free breakfast or lunch on him..... :D

Kelly
November 10th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Had a great time! Appreciate ya'll letting me tag along.

Paul Sonderfan
November 10th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Kelly:
Had a great time! Appreciate ya'll letting me tag along. Any time, Kelly. Maybe we'll do something different next Sunday (weather permitting)
Alas, I found out how they kept the weight so low on the new ZX10R's, they leave out lots of metal on the castings. Almost home on Sunday only to have the end of my shift lever snap off on an upshift. No problem downshifting, but I had to use my hand to upshift. Since 1st is geared to 100 mph+, starting and cruising in 2nd wasn't really a problem. I guess the plus is that it didn't happen at the beginning of the SMR. The dealer actually had the nerve to tell me that the replacement would cost me about $85, until I pointed out that the bike is 7 months old and has never been down (can you say warranty?)
Back to the original post, we had the best attendance I've seen in quite a while. Lots of new guys and old timers as well. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. Is anyone up for a northern ride starting about 0700 next Sunday?

brianstephenson
November 11th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Yep - I'm up for going North and getting an early start. Might be a tad bit nipply though....

AaronEustace
November 11th, 2004, 04:50 PM
I'm going West. It's been a while and strangely-enough I'm craving a jalapeno-chzburger at Balsak's! smile.gif

VFRacer-R
November 11th, 2004, 05:19 PM
Aaron,
When you gonna post some picts of your completed 'Hawk???

AaronEustace
November 11th, 2004, 05:27 PM
That's a good question and I should have gotten around to it sooner but my home PC was nearly unusable until I bought a wicked Spyware Sweeper. It turned out I had 7 spywares, 5 adwares and 2 trojan horses completely 'effing up my machine.

It took almost 2 days of maintenance like downloading all the MS XP-patches and defragging the hard drive to get it working smoothly again. So hopefully tomorrow I'll take some pics and post them up, after I finish my chores :rolleyes: .