PDA

View Full Version : Time Warner SuX

Oskar_Z28
November 11th, 2004, 08:47 AM
They turned off my Speed TV and told me I will have to pay another $3 because they changed their pricing scheme. I guess I will bend over and take it.

I started looking at satellite, but it is not any cheaper, and you have to get a receiver for each TV.

AaronEustace
November 11th, 2004, 09:44 AM
Yup!!! I noticed the same thing this weekend and thought my cable had a bad connection. I crawled the house looking for any splicing problems.

I'm paying over $60 a month for digital cable and don't have a single movie channel :mad: . The only reason I went digital was for Speed. I could give a sh!t about the ESPN6 and FSN-NSEW. You know, $3 isn't that much but I refuse to give them any more cash.

Anyone have satellite that can chime in on price, performance, selection, pros/cons?

Thanks

tankmonkey
November 11th, 2004, 11:12 AM
time warner did that to me about 2 years ago...

you learn to live without. :(

the fact that speed became nascar central made my decision not to spend the $3 a month that much easier, though.

VFRacer-R
November 11th, 2004, 12:57 PM
I have the Dish Network- prices are high, I think it is around $70/month. I have about 15 movie channels, all the Fox Sports channels, all the ESPN, Speed, Fuse, Spike, local channels- I think I have about 250 channels all together, including the Sirius digital audio channels...

One of my receivers has the TiVo feature, which is cool.

I also don't have the option of cable... and local channels out here (same as Houston channels, but signal is always weak) leave a lot to be desired.

They always run specials on receivers and programming that are pretty good.

I like it, but I don't have a choice either unless I want to watch static-ee local air channels.

Paul Sonderfan
November 11th, 2004, 10:28 PM
I think we pay about $50 for HBO, Starz, and the premium channels, like Speed and Fuel, with Direct TV. You just have to put up with losing everything every time there's a thunderstorm in your area.

The Big Spank Daddy
November 12th, 2004, 06:18 PM
I have Dish Network, 2 recievers with one of them being the recording type. I have every channel except movie channels and have a service contract, $68.

I had Time Warner several years ago and they started pulling that same kind of crap, cable was out at least 3 times a week and it always seemed like it was out at 7:00pm until 9:00pm.

The last time it was out for three days before they decided that they might have to come out to the house. I asked when will that be? Their reply, "...in the next 5 to 7 bussines days...".

I immediatly called Dish Network (1-800-333-dish) I had all my stuff with in three days. That was 4 years ago. It has never been off and they have added channels to my basic package and my bill has been the same for 4 years. All that BS about it going off on cloudy days and rain storms is just that, BS.

VFRacer-R
November 12th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Big Spank Daddy:
All that BS about it going off on cloudy days and rain storms is just that, BS. I agree. I rarely get outtages, only during really, really big storms and it isn't for long.