PDA

View Full Version : Danger! Danger!

Chatterbox
November 14th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Well, I got a bike today! Might not be new, or shiny and bright, but it's special to me!!!! :D

1982 Yamaha Seca 550 - red

Rode around the block a few times, still need practice. Too long a time from getting my license in July to getting a bike in November. Oh well, it'll be fun practicing.

Chris needs to do a little work on it - minor stuff, but it's in pretty good shape for an older bike. It's a perfect starter bike.

When Linda and I get more comfortable and skills a little better - Better watch out for the two of us!! :eek: Lainie should be back on the road soon, too! :cool:

Ed Seaver
November 14th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Congrats :D

rtbain
November 14th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Congratulations! AFT! If yall want to do a slow ride I would be happy to join in. Seems thatís my best trait these days.

If you need a decent mechanic I would be happy to avail myself. What ever else keep Chris away from the torque wrench and Warren well clear of the air tools.

So, when are you gonna get a tattoo? When you do can I see it? smile.gif

[ November 14, 2004, 17:34: Message edited by: Randy Bain ]

The Big Spank Daddy
November 14th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Well I have to do a little TLC this week. It may take her a couple weeks of practice to get up enough confidence to ride a ways from the house. Also, being the panty-waste she is, the weather will have to be "perfect".

rtbain
November 14th, 2004, 06:10 PM
http://www.tsba.org/houston/avatar/cindy_l.jpg

Schreck
November 14th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Chris you got another bike to work on and where do you keep them all? Now we got a Houston chapter for the woman, great...Congrats Cindy on the New (Old) bike. See ya soon! ;)

CalamariKid
November 15th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Congrats Cindy! I hope to see you guys soon, hopefully I'll have Frakenbike back together for this weekend's SMR.

Jim P.
November 15th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Cindy.. congrats on your new bike ,, stay safe and be careful.. I will be happy to ride the slow and careful group with yall.. as soon as I get my cast off foot.. see ya

Jim.

Brian Montgomery
November 15th, 2004, 12:43 PM
I propose that you guys meet up at JIB just like everyone else and get a slow group together. And perhaps just ride to Fayetteville and back. That way we can all sit and eat at Orsaks. It would keep the trip short while some of the newbies build up the endurance of riding further and perhaps faster. I don't see any lack of people willing to ride at a slower pace. This would give Randy a reason to come back out and ride with us once again. He is a great leader, he knows the routes and he is a great mentor. He would be the perfect person to lead up a shorter, slower paced ride. And the people that want to ride faster can continue to have fun at a faster pace without worrying about people playing catch up.

AaronEustace
November 15th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Brian Montgomery:
I propose that you guys meet up at JIB just like everyone else and get a slow group together. And perhaps just ride to Fayetteville and back. That way we can all sit and eat at Orsaks.Kickstands up at 7am sharp!!! tongue.gif

ganderson
November 15th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Congrats Cindy

And there is nothing wrong with wanting perfect weather to ride in. It just means you can completely focus on riding, and not on your frozen fingers(at least that's my story!).

The Big Spank Daddy
November 15th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Got 5 in the garage right now, the FJ, GPZ, Bandit, Seca II and now Cindy's Seca, oh yeah and the Blata makes 6. The ZX7 is still on the back porch.

Came home tonight and stripped down the front end. Cindy even came out to the garage and helped :eek: The left fork seal was leaking and puked all over the front brake pads. The guy already had the fork seals so all we need is the pads. I'll get them ordered tomorrow.

swwwinger
November 16th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Hmmm... and now I have a ZX7 in the garage. ;)

[ November 16, 2004, 21:46: Message edited by: Brett Hearn ]

Paul Sonderfan
November 17th, 2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Brett Hearn:
Hmmm... and now I have a ZX7 in the garage. ;) HUH!? :confused: Talk to us, big guy.

AmbeR1
November 17th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Great news Cindy!! Good luck on the new yammie.

Heather
November 17th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Yeah Cindy!!! Congrats on the bike! :D :D

Chatterbox
November 17th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Thanks! I'm really excited about it - just nervous still.

Chris fixed the leaking fork, replaced the front brake pads, but still needs to rebuild the caliper.

I'm proud of my new baby - can hardly wait until I can halfway keep up with the rest of you!!
:D

rtbain
November 18th, 2004, 04:29 AM
Work on being smooth, speed will soon follow.

AaronEustace
November 18th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Randy Bain:
Work on being smooth, speed will soon follow. Randy meant to say...

Work on speed, being smooth will soon follow.
:D

Chatterbox
November 18th, 2004, 04:01 PM
I don't care if I go fast. I just like riding.

Notice - I said halfway keep up ? ;)

I just want to be able to ride without wobbling all over the place. :D

[ November 18, 2004, 16:02: Message edited by: Chatterbox ]

The Big Spank Daddy
November 18th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Yep, I got off early yesterday due to the weather. I spent the afternoon resealing the forks and assebling the front end.

I then spent several hours cleaning "Cindy's baby". I was pretty surprised at how good it cleaned up.

When I got home tonight the weather and temps were perfect. I rode it up to the high school and Cindy followed in the truck. She rode around the school for about 1-1/2 hours practicing her stopping and starting, and turns. She did very well. However the old 550 is pretty wimpy, so any high speed blast to Fayetteville will only be a pipe dream.

While Lainie and I watched her cut in and out of the parking stops and cars we discussed her riding the FJ. Don't be to shocked to see Lainie back out pretty soon on the FJ.