PDA

View Full Version : Next Saturday ride

The Big Spank Daddy
November 21st, 2004, 12:25 PM
Anyone interested in joining me for this adventure?

http://www.tsba.org/UBB/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=005695#000006

Schreck
November 21st, 2004, 03:50 PM
Count me in Chris. :D

Jake_GSXR_750
November 21st, 2004, 08:27 PM
sounds soo tempting will definatly let ya know how it goes I would love to join ya on this one guys.. Depending on shipping companys my parts hopefully will be here in time to roll out that way!!

CalamariKid
November 21st, 2004, 09:45 PM
I'll try and make it. Earning brownie points this weekend watching the kids while the wife works, so I should be able to cash some in.

Vee4Rider
November 21st, 2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Charles Nevle:
Earning brownie points this weekend watching the kids while the wife works....WOW! You get brownie points for making your wife work???? ;) ;)

CalamariKid
November 22nd, 2004, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Vee4Rider:
WOW! You get brownie points for making your wife work???? ;) ;) Nah, the brownie points come from getting all the stuff done that she would normally do on the weekend, like laundry. More points for keeping the house relatively clean. The most points come from not *****ing about it! You never realize how much your wife does until she's not there and you have to do it! As far as the work thing, dude, I don't know how she does that either. She put in 16 hour days Sat and Sun. What really sucks is that she is salaried and thus no O/T.

So, we going to see you on Saturday Hank?

Vee4Rider
November 22nd, 2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Charles Nevle:
So, we going to see you on Saturday Hank? Maybe......

I figured you guys would be out getting marker pics...

Paul Sonderfan
November 23rd, 2004, 03:26 PM
I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're doing. Are you riding to Dallas to run this route or are you meeting them somewhere in between? :confused:

CalamariKid
November 23rd, 2004, 03:28 PM
Meeting them for lunch in Nacogdoches.

Brian Montgomery
November 23rd, 2004, 03:38 PM
Have fun with the troopers...I absolutly hate riding east Texas on holiday weekends. (My grandparents live in Palestine (FM321 and FM315 area) You may luck out and not see any, but I doubt it. I think Pete and I counted over 13 on the last trip to Arkansas. :eek: I don't know what it is about that area of Texas. However, I remember Chris saying that he didn't see one of them last time on his trip.

The Big Spank Daddy
November 23rd, 2004, 08:08 PM
The only ones I saw were on 259 and 59, major highways. I plan on doing back roads.

CalamariKid
November 24th, 2004, 09:26 AM
Yo, Spanky, what are the details? Where do we meet on Saturday and what time?

The Big Spank Daddy
November 25th, 2004, 09:38 AM
As per my usual ride plans...last minute, spur of the moment..........

I'll confirm with Glenn when they plan on being in Nac. I'll come up with some sort of ride route and estimate our time of arrival. From there I will determine a "leave by" time.

I can confirm that we will be meeting and leaving from the Wendy's on 242 one block west of 45 in the Woodlands.

The Big Spank Daddy
November 26th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Just spoke to Glenn. They plan on being in Nac at 1:00.

Therefore we will leave the Wendy's on 242 one block west of 45 at 10:00am. Be gassed and ready for a prompt 10:00am departure. There are several gas stations in the same shopping center and a Wally World.

I plan on having breakfast at Wendy's.

Cindy and I will leave my house at about 8:15am. Be at Wendy's about 9:15.

StuartR
November 26th, 2004, 06:09 PM
I think I will tag along.

Charles- are you still riding up? We can head out of Sugar Land together if you are.

The Big Spank Daddy
November 26th, 2004, 06:20 PM
You might give charles a call. I just spoke to him and he is a bit under the weather and may be going to bed early. He wants to go but may not decide until in the morning.

The Big Spank Daddy
November 26th, 2004, 10:02 PM
GPZ flat is repaired and it is now clean once again and ready for our Saturday ride.

Schreck
November 27th, 2004, 12:55 AM
I'll try to hook up with Stuart in the morning and head on over early. Maybe more will show up than expected, you never know on Saturday...Sunday does'nt look good for riding, weather wise that is....Later ;)

StuartR
November 27th, 2004, 08:14 AM
Tony- I'm meeting Charles at 8:45 at the Avalon Dinner on the SW Freeway (by the Fountains).

832-338-5842.

The Big Spank Daddy
November 27th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Ride was fantastic. We did see a few troopers, but none that gave us any concern or trouble. The weather was perfect, just a bit chilly after the sun went down.

We hooked up with the DFW crew as planned and they too seemed to be enjoying themselves. I realize that getting to some of those east Texas roads is a bit of a drive, but a lot of them sure are nice.

Cindy and I had a good time and want to thank the DFW guys for setting this up and the 3 other Houton NON-TUTU CLUB members who tagged along.

Schreck
November 27th, 2004, 09:30 PM
10-4 Great day to ride, you readers missed out! tongue.gif Tu-Tu club members
What no mileage to boast about? I got around 500 miles in today from my house....I'll see you out there Sunday....Hummmm SMR on Sunday. I don't think I could get 800 miles done in 2 days...Yeah maybe. :D

bjhughes
November 28th, 2004, 05:44 AM
Great to meet everyone ! There sure are some nice roads out Nacodoches way...maybe we need a chapter over there ? Some guy I talked to in the parking lot there at the Cotton Patch was familiar with the TSBA...we are world-renowned !