PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas IBI Plans...(Post up)

Brian Montgomery
March 15th, 2005, 03:50 PM
So who all is planning on taking the Arkansas Trip May 5th and 6th?
Arkansas is an awesome place to ride and if you don't go, you are missing out bigtime!
The main point of this discussion is to make sure that everyone wanting to go to the IBI has a way to get there. I don't want anyone left out if they are wanting to go.
Also, the hotel will fill up quick. You need to make your reservations in asap. BTW, They are not holding rooms as Faisal's post states!!! They are under new management and said that they could not hold the rooms. So it will be a first come first serve deal unless you reserve your own room now. Last year, a lot of the rooms were booked at almost all of the hotels in the area.

Here are my plans...
Leave out Thursday after work (Leave early shhhhh!) and drive up until I am too tired to drive anymore. I think I can make it the whole trip though. If not, I will stay in Texarkana. Brandy and I will be taking the trailer up there. I also have another trailer just like mine that may be available for use I have to verify it.

Chatterbox
March 15th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Chris and I will be trailering up to Henderson on Thursday night (1/2 way). Then we'll head out Friday morning and get to Ozark around noon - staying there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night, heading back home Monday.

I haven't decided if I want to take my bike or not. It sure is tempting, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to ride Arkansas on my own yet.

F1
March 15th, 2005, 04:26 PM
BTW, They are not holding rooms as Faisal's post states!!!

Hmm, something must have changed as we were there this w-end and the lady said they would keep the hold till 4/15 as discussed earlier. She did say that only 2 rooms were booked to date by TSBA, mine is one. Anyhow it is important to book early as the Spring Gala is scheduled for the same w-end and rooms will go quick.

Chatterbox
March 15th, 2005, 04:28 PM
When I made reservations last week (like Thursday or Friday), she told me they had several rooms. She knew all about it. ???

cclemmer
March 15th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Anyone from Houston making the trip up ... if you want to stop in Dallas for the night, I've got garage and driveway space for a couple people. You're welcome to crash the night here then continue north on Friday if that helps.

CalamariKid
March 15th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Brian, are you sure you are booking the right motel, last year we stayed at the Days' Inn in Eureka Srrings, this year it is the Ozark Days Inn in Ozark Arkansas.

I have a room booked and they knew about the TSBA deal.

Anyway, I second Brian's comments about Arkansas. It is Kick-Friggin-Arse! The roads are great, the DFW group is a lot of fun and throws a well organized and well attended IBI.

I am rooming with Oskar, but if the motel fills up and people are desperate for a place to stay then I am happy to offer our floor. smile.gif

If you have the time, the ride from Dallas is also a lot of fun.

FYI, If you are planning on going it is a good idea to make sure you have **** near fresh tires.

[ March 15, 2005, 20:09: Message edited by: Charles Nevle ]

Brian Montgomery
March 15th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Well, I clicked on the weblink that Faisal posted and gave them a call. The knew about the TSBA thing but they said that they were not holding the rooms. You have to call to reserve it and put it on the CC.

The Big Spank Daddy
March 15th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Reserving a room on the CC seems pretty much the norm. However, if all that tile and and home improvement stuff has you strapped for $$$$ I could float you $20 till pay-day :D

-=sean)=-
March 16th, 2005, 12:35 PM
I'm in. Room reserved. According to Faisal, the route is all twisties for ~400 miles. :D

rtbain
March 17th, 2005, 05:04 AM
Susan and I are planning a weeklong trip and will meet up with yall on Friday night. If anyone needs a trailer they are welcome to mine.

CalamariKid
March 17th, 2005, 09:53 AM
I'll take the trailer Randy.

Oskar_Z28
March 17th, 2005, 10:43 AM
OK, Charles. I can pull it with my truck. Can you share driving up there? The truck is manual though.

Chatterbox
March 17th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Oskar, hope you have lots of spray paint offering to let Charles "Crash" Nevle share the driving!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ;) :D

CalamariKid
March 17th, 2005, 03:03 PM
No prob Oskar. I can even leave Thursday if you want to do that.

Oskar_Z28
March 17th, 2005, 04:20 PM
I'm afraid that the earliest I can sneak out would be lunch time Friday. They axed my 9/80s and I have to be here every day. :(

CalamariKid
March 18th, 2005, 05:29 AM
Dude, where are your priorities???

"Hewwo, dis is Oskar. I, hold on, HAHCHOO!, HACK, HACK, HACK, Imba nota fewwin vewy well.. I tink I cawt wot has been gowin round..."

CalamariKid
March 30th, 2005, 07:59 AM
Oskar, I am going to trailer my bike to Dallas on Thursday and ride to Ark with the D-Group. So I will see you Friday night when you get in.

I'll have the bed all nice and warm for 'ya baby!

[ March 30, 2005, 15:24: Message edited by: Charles Nevle ]