PDA

View Full Version : Street/ Track bike- cheap

VFRacer-R
November 28th, 2004, 11:24 PM
I have a FZR600 in my shop right now. I am cleaning the carbs and freshening the normal PM items- the guy who owns it wants to sell it and clean out his garage.

He has owned it since new, and it is in great shape. If any of you are interested, let me know and I won't list it in the Cycle Trader or "for sale" bbs.

I'll be at NPR shaking down my SVR next weekend- this week or next would be fine for anyone interested in seeeing/ riding it. I may try to bring it to a short SMR soon too.

Some particulars about the bike:
It is a '92 model
The engine is relatively new (replaced)- the bike has ~50k miles on it. The first engine has a couple of bad rods, and is still around for parts if needed.
The stock front end is replaced with a FZR1000 front end (41mm damper rod), and has the 17" wheel conversion front and rear (17x3.5 front and 17x4.5 rear- runs 120/70f and 160/60r- has new-ish Michelin Pilot Sports on it now). Out back is a Fox TC, and a FZR400 swingarm (aluminum instead of the 600's steel one).
It comes with a Corbin seat (and stock one), spare set of carbs with jet kit for aftermarket exhaust, bike has stock exhaust and engine.
The full-floating braking system up front is very smooth and effortless- with the huge 1k rotors, it stops very efficiently!

The bike has all the stock bodywork, and sports signs of the ~50k miles it has on it- but it is small scratches and one small crack.

It would be great for a starter sportbike- but seems it would be better as a trackday bike. I personally would sell the stock plastic on Ebay and put some modern R6 race bodywork on it (bunch of good used stuff out there for cheap). I think someone could sell the stock stuff for more than they would buy the track bodywork for, IMHO.

He is asking $1,200 for the bike with all the spares. Seems like a smokin' deal... :D

PM, call or email me if interested.

[ December 01, 2004, 11:00: Message edited by: Tommyboy ]

Schreck
November 30th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Ask him to come down to 600.00, please.

VFRacer-R
November 30th, 2004, 11:01 PM
He said for $600, you can have the engine with the bad rods.

KWIK
December 1st, 2004, 02:16 AM
TommyBoy,
Check your E-mail smile.gif

VFRacer-R
December 1st, 2004, 10:57 AM
Got it!

Pending sale, yall are missing out on a good track whore! :D

Schreck
December 1st, 2004, 06:34 PM
I can tell he's really out to screw someone over. I'll spend my money elsewhere, keep the engine.

VFRacer-R
December 1st, 2004, 11:47 PM
I'll let you tell him that yourself if you like. I could give a **** what you think about it- it ain't my bike.