PDA

View Full Version : Randy really out of ICU - UPDATED 12/09/04

Chatterbox
December 5th, 2004, 08:00 PM
I have news about Randy's whereabouts since everyone has been concerned and asking about him.

I just spoke with Susan (his wife). Randy very nearly died this week. Here's what Susan told me (as best as I can remember):

Apparently, Randy had been feeling ill and was diagnosed on Wednesday with a severe sinus infection. Susan came home Thursday and found Randy unconscious. I didn't understand exactly what she said, but something about him sounding like a freight train.

The doctors ran all kinds of tests - they had told Susan that they believed Randy had had a heart attack, kidney failure, liver failure, and numerous other things. Thank God it wasn't any of those things.

The sinus infection turned in to sepsis and he has pneumonia. The doctors also believe that somehow the sepsis did something to his blood sugar, because that is very high.

Currently, Randy is in ICU, on a respirator, and sedated in Tomball Hospital. Susan does not know when he will be taken out of ICU or when he will be taken off the respirator.

I will keep in touch with her and post updates as I know. She will also let me know when he is placed in a regular hospital room so he can receive calls, flowers, cards, etc.

Their home e-mail is not working right now. Susan is in contact with a person trying to help her get it fixed. If you have sent an e-mail in the last week, or try to send one and donít receive a response, please be patient. They will try to have it fixed ASAP.

In case you didn't already know, Randy and Susan have had a very rough time this year. Randy's mother has had at least two strokes that have incapacitated her quite a bit, and his sister was diagnosed with eye cancer, and it has progressed to one of the worst possible stages.

Iím sure Randy and Susan will be very appreciative of everyoneís thoughts and prayers, not only for Randy, but his family also.

[ December 09, 2004, 06:53: Message edited by: Chatterbox ]

CalamariKid
December 5th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Cindy,

Thanks for posting this. My thoughts and prayers are with Randy and Susan.

Paul Sonderfan
December 5th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Cindy, I am stunned and extremely saddened by this news. Please keep us informed, I will go visit as soon as he is allowed to have visitors.

Sean Smith
December 6th, 2004, 12:14 AM
Randy is in my prayers. I hope he pulls through this OK. It's shocking and I have no idea what else to say. He's always happy to help out a friend. Very unselfish person.

VFRacer-R
December 6th, 2004, 08:08 AM
Wow, what a blow.

I was wondering what was going on and called him the other day- needless to say I didn't get a return call, now I know why.

Randy is certainly in our prayers.

Oskar_Z28
December 6th, 2004, 09:10 AM
That's terrible news. I wish Randy full recovery. He and his family are in my prayers.

Is there anything that we can do to help out? Let me know.

Schreck
December 6th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Cindy send me a PM and let me know when he can have visitors OK. Call me soon, thanks. Prayers go out to ya Randy and Susan, get well soon.

Warren White
December 6th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Joan and I will definalty add them to our prayers. Please post up any new info as it comes in.

Jim P.
December 6th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Randy. wishing you a speedy recovery.. and you and your family will be in my prayers.. reading the healing scriptures for you...

Jim and family.

Pete
December 6th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Paul Sonderfan:
Cindy, I am stunned and extremely saddened by this news. Please keep us informed, I will go visit as soon as he is allowed to have visitors. Post up when you go and I might tag along.

TFox
December 6th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Randy and Susan,

Please rest assured that Tenna and I were shocked and saddened at this news. All I heard from Tenna was that you had pneumonia and had been checked into the hospital and was in the ICU unit. Hadn't heard Susan found you unconscious on the floor at home.

Lotsa folks around here are concerned for you and your family - be assured of That Fact!

We will be praying for you both and your family.

See ya later, then, K?
Tommy

Scott
December 6th, 2004, 09:30 PM
Sorry to hear the unwelcome news. Denise and I will keep him in our prayers.

AmbeR1
December 6th, 2004, 10:25 PM
That sure is surprising and unfortunate news. My thoughts are with Randy and Susan and praying for a quick recovery. If there is anything that I, or the DFW chapter can do to help with anything please let us know.

Get better soon, and get plenty of rest!

Chatterbox
December 7th, 2004, 07:47 AM
Susan posted up news about Randy. Go to the Statewide thread or click below:

http://www.tsba.org/UBB/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001693;p=1#0000 21