PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki Dealer in Houston Area

rtbain
April 17th, 2005, 05:55 PM
I am in the market for a 2005 Suzuki DR-Z400SM and need to find a good dealer in Houston, preferably on the west side but not critical.

The Big Spank Daddy
April 17th, 2005, 06:05 PM
I'm not necessarily promoting A.J. Foyt, but they have worked us some good deals on parts, Jeff’s leathers and most recently Cindy’s boots. I know Gary bought his V-Strom there. They seem to be pretty competitive on price if you are a savvy negotiator.

Another try might be Polaris West in Katy. They gave me a heck of a price on a new Bandit last year. I just could not work up the financing and got the one I have now instead.

[ April 17, 2005, 19:06: Message edited by: The Big Spank Daddy ]

CalamariKid
April 17th, 2005, 07:03 PM
There is also Richmond Suzuki in Richmond. Not exactlty on the West side, but they seem like decent folks.

http://www.richmondsuzukicycles.com/
Richmond Suzuki
1207 FM 359
Richmond, TX 77469

Directions:
(Highway 90 at FM 359)
Phone: (281) 342-5005
Toll Free: 1-866-SUZUKI-2
Fax: (281) 239-7564
Email: sales@richmondsuzukicycles.com

Mon-Sat: 9:00-6:00
Sun: Closed

Paul Sonderfan
April 18th, 2005, 07:32 AM
It's not close, but try our old buddy(and TSBAer) Arpad. They sell Hondas and Suzukis, I think.

Brian Montgomery
April 18th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Randy,
If you want to go to Denton, Randy at Cycle Center of Denton could save you some cash. Otherwise, Tejas Motorsports in the Highlands can get you a good deal.

rtbain
April 18th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Thanks all. I have my spreadsheet and will start shopping price tomorrow. I would prefer a dealer close to home but don't mind driving for a smoking deal.

The Big Spank Daddy
April 18th, 2005, 06:27 PM
As I recall, the last time I was at AJ Foyt they had one of those dirt bike thingies you mentioned on the floor ready to go.

If you contact Denton Cycles speak to no one other than the guy Brian mentioned and let him know you are with the TSBA. When I last spoke to him he said he would beat any deal.

Jake_GSXR_750
May 1st, 2005, 09:54 PM
There is a suzuki dealorship near me in katy off of Pinoak RD. polaris west is the name of it.

rtbain
May 3rd, 2005, 03:25 AM
Thanks all. I got the 'tard. Breaking it in now. Way cool.

Scott
May 3rd, 2005, 07:22 PM
Congratulations...

Where did you end up getting it from?

I haven't had much luck looking for a clean used SV650 for Denise and may just buy a new one - if I can find a good deal.

The Big Spank Daddy
May 3rd, 2005, 07:29 PM
Oooooooooohhhhh, aaaahhhhhhh :eek: Way cool bike Randy :cool:

For those of you who do not frequent PO's, you missed it. Randy had his new ride there. Bad thing though........he let me ride it, now I'm hooked :mad:

How will I ever convince Cindy this is something I really need? :confused:

Schreck
May 3rd, 2005, 09:48 PM
Now were speaking in CODE, so what is it? Does it drive in Auto Pilot? Yeah, I really mean without the dude that sits on the seat. Way Cooler than the last one you got, I guess. tongue.gif

Brian Montgomery
May 4th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Sweet bike Randy...you bringing it to AR? Can I ride it? :D
Is this it?
http://www.photodump.com/direct/zapata/pos1007.jpg

StuartR
May 4th, 2005, 12:57 PM
That's Randys new ride. He let me take it for a little spin around the block at PO's last night. Fun little ride!

Loyed Hinkel
May 4th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Sweet ride. I saw a few of those in L.A. last year. Talk about a fun way to buzz about in a lanesplittinglegal town. :D

[ May 04, 2005, 20:22: Message edited by: L0weed ]

rtbain
May 5th, 2005, 04:45 AM
Thanks all. It now sports a Corbin seat, the stocker was hard as a rock and braided front brake line. Much better front brake feel and stopping power now.

Its still in break in and won't make Arkansas. Besides, there is now way it would haul two people and luggage.

Once I get the motor scuffed in I'll bring it to and SMR and let anyone who wants have a go. It’s not super fast but makes 80 easy and you don't have to slow down for the turns. My kind of ride.

Long term plans include a pipe and dyno run to set the jetting. I want to do a baseline run after break in (500 miles) then install the pipe and do another run to determine where the jetting needs to go.

The bike has near unlimited lean angle, very good suspension and quick, light steering. If anyone is considering a ‘tard this is an easy way to have a streetable bike. The other ‘tards on the marker are faster and can be made street legal if you want to go that route but my pocket book would only allow for the Suzuki.

Pete
May 5th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Free tard rides!! I'm in!