PDA

View Full Version : Hill Country Ride for 3?16/02?

Louis Reinartz
February 21st, 2002, 08:00 AM
Since the race at TMS ahs been cancelled do to safety issues how a bout a Spring Hill Country Ride for everyone? Would be a good time to bring all the chapters together and introduce ourselves to each other.
Louis

Louis Reinartz
February 21st, 2002, 08:39 AM
Hotel info,Comfort Inn about $120.00 for 3 people, 2 beds and a sofa bed. Free cont'l breakfast.
Should be able to put 5 bikes on Michael O'Connell's trailer and if we use Roy's we can put 2 + 1 in the truck,any other trailer ideas or trailers available?

Pete
February 21st, 2002, 09:17 AM
I call shotgun on a trailor!!!!

Inlaw1
February 21st, 2002, 10:09 AM
Sounds like a plan! I think SA might be able to meet you out there. I seem to remember riding the Hill Country a time or two! :D

As for places to stay I highly recommend the River Oaks Inn. It sits on the North side of town on Hwy 16 and has a restaurant with it. You can find contact info for it and most of the other Bandera hotels here. (http://banderatx.areaguides.net/yellow.html?ST=TX&city=Bandera&heading=hotels&name=&x=0&y=0)

[ February 21, 2002: Message edited by: Gary Stoops ]

Louis Reinartz
February 21st, 2002, 10:51 AM
Thanks Gary,we will put this together and hope to see everyone out there!Thanks for the Hotel tip. Base out of Bandera will cut the travel time down as well. Of course WE could ALL just stay at your house. :D

houstonsportbikeriders
February 21st, 2002, 11:03 AM
Louis, per Gary's suggestion, we stayed at the River Oaks Inn our last couple of trips out there. They were very sportbike friendly, and didn't hold it against us that we were friends of Stoops.

Oskar_Z28
February 21st, 2002, 12:41 PM
I'm up for it. Does anyone have any space on their trailer for a little SV?

Inlaw1
February 21st, 2002, 12:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Louis Reinartz:
Of course WE could ALL just stay at your house.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>LOL! You obviously have not been to my house! :D That's right, you passsed staying here and drying off the night of the flood a few years back didn't you?

Inlaw1
February 21st, 2002, 12:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HSR Dude:
and didn't hold it against us that we were friends of Stoops.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>*Snif! Man, I love you guys too! tongue.gif

Buncha scooter trash meatballs that you all are!! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/bigok.gif

MICHAEL O'CONNELL
February 21st, 2002, 06:33 PM
I think I can make it and yes Louis, I can
take 5 bikes on my trailer. I'll leave it up
to you guys to figure out amongst yourselves
as to who will go with me. With Pete and I
calling the first two spots that leaves
(...hmm Billy has 5 apples, and mean ol'
Jimmy takes away 2, that leaves...)THREE!
...right-I'm pretty sure of it-three spaces
left on the trailer. Don't forget to BYOT
(tie-downs). Preferably Ancra',not that
Taiwan c**p Louis uses.

Louis Reinartz
February 21st, 2002, 08:41 PM
O.K. I make #3 on the big trailor.
Now sounds like the place to stay is in Bandera, we will go up on Friday evening,loading on Thursday night.
We will spend the night in Bandera on Friday and enjoy the great roads of the hill country on Saturday ride all day,load up and head home Saturday night.
Puts us home around 10p.m. and clear for Sunday honey doo's or family time. :cool:

Louis Reinartz
February 21st, 2002, 08:44 PM
Osker we can put the SV in Michael glove box in his Escalade! :D
Don't worry there will be plenty of space for everyone,just need to plan and get enough tow vehicals and trailors! If you are in you need to speak up early and claim a spot!

slide
February 21st, 2002, 09:57 PM
I'm in.
I'll ride though.
I'll come back Sunday. Anyone want to stay two nights? :rolleyes:

royfzr
February 21st, 2002, 10:21 PM
I am scheduled to work that weekend....
But schedules can be changed...
I will see what I can do.....
I haven't been to the Hill country in a loooonggg time

Oskar_Z28
February 21st, 2002, 10:43 PM
OK, I claim a spot with anyone that has extra space on the trailer (or glove compartment). I will buy some gas. smile.gif.

[ February 21, 2002: Message edited by: Oskar_Z28 ]

Louis Reinartz
February 22nd, 2002, 08:30 AM
Hotel in bandera called the River oaks Inn comes highly recommended from Glen and Gary Stoops, so we will change to that location!
That will put us right were we really want to be anyway and save some drive time! ;)

Inlaw1
February 22nd, 2002, 10:30 AM
Here's the contact info on the motel for you guys:

River Oak Inn & Restaurant (830) 796-7751
1105 Main St
Bandera, TX 77701

royfzr
February 22nd, 2002, 01:07 PM
So what's the plan...
leave out on Friday nite and come back Saturday or Sunday....
I think I will pull my trailer up early Saturday Morning and meet you guys there that way I can work it around my schedule.

Louis Reinartz
February 22nd, 2002, 01:22 PM
Seems like we need a Hill Country Meeting to see what would work best.Get a head count,hotel rooms tow vehicals and trailers lined up.Anybody have any ideas as to a when and where to meet location?

mromano
February 22nd, 2002, 01:29 PM
Sounds great! I have a 16 foot trailer. It should carry a few bikes...

Pete
February 22nd, 2002, 01:29 PM
How about 9:30 Sunday morning at the Brookshire Crap in the Box?

tlrmike
February 22nd, 2002, 07:51 PM
Sounds good. I'm trying to work it into my schedule right now. Hope to see you all.

Oskar_Z28
February 27th, 2002, 10:18 AM
So is this still on? What are the details?

mccoyd1
February 27th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Pete, how are you going to be at Crap in the Box sunday morning when we will be at NPR? Just curious?

Pete
February 28th, 2002, 08:48 AM
Dwayne I posted that last week and was referring to discussing the matter on the SMR we just had. Glad to see your paying attention though.

By the way my enthusiasm of going to NPR is getting lower and lower everytime I watch the weather report. Brrrrrr!!!

mccoyd1
February 28th, 2002, 09:25 AM
I agree, it doesnt look good? Im not sure i want to go either?

Louis Reinartz
February 28th, 2002, 01:08 PM
you need all the practice you can get,rain or shine we race,you guys should go no matter what the weather does! I will stay home nice and warm and watch Daytona. :D

Inlaw1
February 28th, 2002, 02:57 PM
I will stay home nice and warm and watch Daytona.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This weekend??! What time is it on? I can't find it listed here in SA.

Louis Reinartz
February 28th, 2002, 03:55 PM
OOPS it's the 10th,but don't tell Dwayne!

mccoyd1
February 28th, 2002, 09:54 PM
You see Louis, you need to make sure you know what your saying before you try to be a smart a$$

Pete
March 1st, 2002, 01:18 PM
To get this thread back on track, how early can everyone leave that Friday night? Normally we'd be rolling out around 7:00 ish and if we learn our lesson not to stop at the Whataburger in Columbus we should get there at a reasonable time. Whats everyones opinoin??

Brett
March 1st, 2002, 03:03 PM
OOPS it's the 10th,but don't tell Dwayne!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which the is the 10th, Daytona or you guys comming to the Hill Country? I thought the Hill Country trip was to replace the dropping of TMS from RPMs schedule on the 16th/17th.

Just wondering which weekend I the raping and pillaging of the Hill Country will be going on....

Pete
March 1st, 2002, 03:16 PM
Sorry for the confusion but this thread started about our hill country trip, then changed to the NPR trackday this weekend, then moved to the Daytona race before coming back to the original subject of the hill country trip. We're a busy group.

So far it looks like we are coming up Friday March 15 and will rape and pillage all day Saturday the 16th. I haven't been out there for a bout a year now and am looking forward to it!!

Oskar_Z28
March 2nd, 2002, 09:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peter Strezo:
Sorry for the confusion but this thread started about our hill country trip, then changed to the NPR trackday this weekend, then moved to the Daytona race before coming back to the original subject of the hill country trip. We're a busy group.

So far it looks like we are coming up Friday March 15 and will rape and pillage all day Saturday the 16th. I haven't been out there for a bout a year now and am looking forward to it!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can we get a sign up list going with listings who is bringing a trailaer and how many bikes it can hold? Probably since this topic has been bastardized so much, we should start a new one.