PDA

View Full Version : Annual Wildflower Ride a Success

royfzr
May 6th, 2002, 07:07 AM
Wow! what a ride.
What a lunch! Terrific food and good looking waitresses.
We had a good group of riders, two brought passengers, the rest rode solo.

We actually did see some wildflowers although it has been a poor year for them...

Ride pace was moderate, with plenty of opportunity to stretch it out on the better roads. My wife enjoyed the ride and understands the fun and camaraderie better now. She asked good questions "Do you always ride slower than the rest of the guys" & "Why don't you wave them on so you don't slow them down?"

She was a good sport and never complained even when the speedometer indicated 110mph.

All-in-all it was a good safe ride, we saw lots of cops at first but never experienced any encounters, there were no close calls and no mechanical problems.
Everyone enjoyed the ride. My thanks to everyone who came out to make this a success.

[ May 06, 2002, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: RoyWileman ]

Inlaw1
May 6th, 2002, 09:38 AM
Glad to hear the ride was another success! I'm sorry I had to miss, the two Wildflower rides I've made were a blast! Just couldn't do it this year. I will be there next year though! Thanks for the report and looking forward to seeing you Houston scum in a couple weeks! :D

houstonsportbikeriders
May 6th, 2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by RoyWileman:

We actually did see some wildflowers although it has been a poor year for them...
Hey Roy, me and a few friends were in the Hill Country over the weekend. There were a ton of wildflowers out there. With any luck, and maybe a day, or two, of rain they will still be out there when ya'll go.

royfzr
May 6th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Sounds good Glen.
However I will have to miss this ride...
Family stuff..

TXFZ1
May 6th, 2002, 08:14 PM
Yes, it was a fantastic ride. Thank you Roy for putting it together and picking that lunch stop. Great food, great company, and great roads.

Scott
May 7th, 2002, 12:52 PM
Great ride. I have a Route/Map made up from the ride. If anyone wants a copy just email me and I will send it to you. It is a rather large pdf file, though (~1mb).

royfzr
May 7th, 2002, 06:10 PM
Cool Scott, is that map from the GPS??
Can you make it into another format?

Scott
May 7th, 2002, 08:05 PM
The map is from Garmin mapping software that downloads the tracks from my GPS. I guess I could convert it to another format like JPG or something.

royfzr
May 9th, 2002, 07:28 AM
Just got the map....
Nice work Scott
everyone should take advantage of Scott's offer for this map
Kudos