PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon ride Saturday the 11th.

Scott Farmer
May 8th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Since Mothers day is Sunday and I know for a fact that I can't make a SMR, I thought I would suggest a Saturday afternoon ride.

Myself and 2 friends are going to be working Saturday morning, but are planning on going for a ride around 1 or 2 on Saturday afternoon. I'm either considering the brookshire->fayetteville->chappell Hill-> brookshire ride, or something up north in the forest.

If anyone's interested post here. We can take a vote on which ride to do and make plans to meet up.

Oskar_Z28
May 8th, 2002, 10:17 PM
Post up here about the ride and I'll see if I can come out. I have some work to do this weekend, but I might go out. I'll be out riding on Sunday though.

ZX9R CAM
May 9th, 2002, 08:27 AM
I work Saturday morn as well....but what time
Saturday afternoon....late, like 3-4...???

Scott Farmer
May 9th, 2002, 04:09 PM
I was considering meeting in Brookshire at 2:00pm. This should put me back in Clear Lake before dark.

Stretch
May 9th, 2002, 10:34 PM
Hey Scott, you aren't the guy that struck up a short conversation with me in League City about a week ago are you? I was ridin' my blue FZ1 and I met a guy riding a gray Bandit, was that you?

Scott Farmer
May 10th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Nope, wasn't me. I'm the big guy on the naked black bandit. If it was a silver bandit S model it could have been Eric (The Head). He lives down that way.

Oskar_Z28
May 10th, 2002, 05:44 PM
You guys want to meet up for lunch before riding out? I was thiniking somewhere central (around memorial park at 12:30/1:00).

Scott Farmer
May 10th, 2002, 06:05 PM
I won't be able to. I'm going to be working till about 12. Then I've got to head home, grab the bike, and haul to brookshire.

Leskerr
May 11th, 2002, 06:11 AM
Oskar,

I am up for that.

I will meet up at the usual place in Memorial Park at 12:15/12:30.

We can decide where to go for lunch when we meet.

[ May 11, 2002, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: Leskerr ]

Oskar_Z28
May 11th, 2002, 08:37 AM
OK, I'll be there at Memorial park.

Stretch
May 11th, 2002, 10:15 AM
Hey Scott,

I'm gonna go on the ride this afternoon, you want to ride out to Brookshire together? I'm in League City, give me a call if you want to meet up somewhere.

281-785-2961

Jason

Oskar_Z28
May 11th, 2002, 06:43 PM
Great ride guys. We started of with 5 bikes (Les, Me, Scott, David, and Jason), rode the racer's road, then to Fayettville, to Round Top, 390, then to Chappell hill, and back to Brookshire. Had alot of fun, but 390 had bunch of gravel. Looked like someone randomly dumped gravel on the side of the road.

Next week hill country smile.gif .

Stretch
May 12th, 2002, 11:13 AM
Yeah, that was a great ride - 4 naked sportbikes rippin' through the countryside, and some guy on a Mille somthin-or-other...just kiddin. It was my first ride with you guys, thanks to Scott for leading the pack.

Scott Farmer
May 12th, 2002, 10:28 PM
I agree... Great ride! Everyone should watch out tho. Looks like the texdot folks have been putting gravel down on the shoulders in what ever county 390, 1155, and 1371 reside in. The cars have been cutting the corners short and kicking the gravel (boulders) right into the middle of the corners.

I'm glad everyone enjoied the ride. This is the first ride I've led and I'm just glad I didn't get everyone lost. I overshot a couple of intersections (They call that "Pulling a Loius" Right?) but I guess I did manage to get everyone home safe. smile.gif

Bandera... 5 days and counting!