PDA

View Full Version : This weekend rides?

Oskar_Z28
March 16th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Who wants to go on a further SatMR, SMR? I am thinking hill country. Saturday would be the best days, since it leaves me sunday to recover.

[ March 16, 2004, 08:52: Message edited by: Oskar_Z28 ]

CalamariKid
March 16th, 2004, 01:32 PM
I'm tempted, but I'm heading up to Dallas on Sunday for the track day on Monday and the whole weekend gone would put me in the doghouse. Now, if you decide to do it Sunday...

Brian Montgomery
March 16th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Depending on things, I would love to go to the hill country. I got a rental truck right now. But I may no longer have a truck :( And to think it was so close to being paid off. The adjuster says that it is very close to a total loss. Oh well. If the weather is anything like today I am definantly game though.

Oskar_Z28
March 16th, 2004, 02:58 PM
I was thinking of riding, but I have a truck and we can tow the bikes - this way we can ride for longer time there. Leave Sat AM and come back in the evening. Let me know if you want to do it.

Brian Montgomery
March 16th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Like I said, I am game....as long as the weather holds up.

Pete
March 16th, 2004, 03:45 PM
The weather man is saying the kick *** weather is supposed to end by the weekend but then again you never can tell that far in advance. I'd be up for hitting the hill country if theres extra room. Sounds like a good place to test out my replacement shock. :cool:

Oskar_Z28
March 16th, 2004, 04:54 PM
This is only if the weather is nice. Pete, you can ride ***** in the truck smile.gif Brian, do you have a trailer?

Sean Smith
March 16th, 2004, 05:04 PM
If I can get off of work can I tag along? The weather is going to be great! I see 10% for Saturday and Sunday.

Schreck
March 17th, 2004, 12:26 AM
I want to go!!! Is there room for me 713 480 8489 call me someone. :D

Brian Montgomery
March 17th, 2004, 10:11 AM
I have a 2 bike trailer Oscar. And I am driving a 4 door pickup rental right now! So giddy up!...lol

Oskar_Z28
March 17th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Cool smile.gif . Weather looks good so far. I also got my pickup and can fit a bike in the bed. So if 3 go we can all fit with Brian. If 4 go I will get my pickup and drive it and the other 3 bikes will load up with Brian. If more go then we need another plan. How about we meet up at JIB on SAT load up and leave by 6:30 am at the latest, (or we can meet up at my House off I-10 and beltway and leave from there - 6:00 am).

[ March 17, 2004, 10:32: Message edited by: Oskar_Z28 ]

Sean Smith
March 17th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Just booked my room at the River Oak Inn in Bandera. I will be leaving here Friday and staying until Sunday afternoon. Brian, Why don't you guys scoop me up that morning when y'all get there.

VFRacer-R
March 17th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Oskar_Z28:
Cool smile.gif . Weather looks good so far. I also got my pickup and can fit a bike in the bed. So if 3 go we can all fit with Brian. If 4 go I will get my pickup and drive it and the other 3 bikes will load up with Brian. If more go then we need another plan. How about we meet up at JIB on SAT load up and leave by 6:30 am at the latest, (or we can meet up at my House off I-10 and beltway and leave from there - 6:00 am). I have an 18' lowboy trailer that yall are welcome to use.
Call me if you want/ need it.

Brian Montgomery
March 17th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Lets clairify this...we are going to go on Saturday right?

Oskar_Z28
March 17th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Yes, Saturday morning leave at 06:00.

[ March 17, 2004, 13:33: Message edited by: Oskar_Z28 ]

Pete
March 17th, 2004, 01:21 PM
I thought it was Saturday morning?

Scott
March 17th, 2004, 09:00 PM
I spent last weekend in Hunt, TX. I trailered my VFR800 out there. The weather was not to good on Saturday, but Sunday was good. I finally finished riding 337 from Leakey to Camp Wood. There are a couple of places on 337 where some bridges are being built and they route all traffic to a gravel trail that runs through the creek beds. Since it rained Friday and Saturday, there was 2-4 inches of water I had to cross. The good news is that I didn't crash this time. I did hit a bird at 120, though. Got me right in the boot. I had blood and feathers all over my footpeg and swingarm.

I can't go again this weekend, but I have a 5x8 trailer with a ramp gate that someone can use if they want. It will hold two bikes. 281-642-6806

Oskar_Z28
March 18th, 2004, 07:57 AM
OK, who is in? Meet up at my place before 6:00 so we can leave and have all day of riding. E-mail me today at oskar@houston.rr.com if you are going and I will send you direction on how to get to my house. It's off Katy Freeway (I-10) and Beltway.

Scott, thanks for the offer on a trailer. I might take you up on it if we get too many people going. I will call you tomorrow, and can pick it up anytime during the day (whenever is most convenient for you).

davidb
March 18th, 2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Brian Montgomery:
Like I said, I am game....as long as the weather holds up. Houston TSBA riding in the Hill Country on Saturday?
http://www.pape-dawson.com/images/sat-sun2.png
Maybe I'll un-track-tape the FJR and tag along. Post up your where/when your trailer is unloading and I'll try to catch up.

Brian Montgomery
March 18th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Ok ok David we get the point once again lol :D ...How about a sleet/ice mix forecast!...lol I would imagine that we will stop at the Exxon off of 16 in Helotes and leave from there...I would imagine a 9:00-10:00am Arrival time. Give me a call at 281-851-5818 and I will make sure that we meet up with you.

davidb
March 19th, 2004, 11:25 AM
DANG! Other issues will keep me from riding this weekend. Ya'll have fun, hope the weather cooperates. smile.gif

Brian Montgomery
March 19th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Pete, give me a call. I can come pick you up at your house if need be. Oscar, I need a ramp to load a bike in the back of this truck. I cannot drive into it like I could mine...lol. So I will have my bike on the trailer. We need to just maybe meet either at someones house or something of more convience than loading at the JIB. Either one of you give me a call and we can work out the details. Maybe even load up tonight.
281-851-5818 Cell

Pete
March 19th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Lets just meet at Oskars in the morning. Hes north of I10 off of Gessner which should be convienent and you can use his ramp if need be. I'll give you guys a call after work.

Brian Montgomery
March 19th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Ok Pete and Oskar, I will be at Oskars house @ 5:30am See you guys then.

Oskar_Z28
March 21st, 2004, 03:46 PM
Great ride guys. We ended up having Brian, Pete, Sean, and Chris Chadwell from SA group. We started of at my house at 5:30, loaded up the trailer and headed off for San Antonio. "Chocolate thunder from down under" was the most entertaining thing on the way there smile.gif smile.gif . So we dropped off the traoler and the truck at Chris' house and headed up to Bandera via PR 37. There we met up with Sean, and headed off to Leakey. It was misting on and off. We filled up and went towards Camp Wood, then on 55 and back, and by now it was raining.

The guy that I bought my R! from was so proud that he never had the bike out in the rain. Well, now it's been in the rain, on a gravel road, so it finally looks like it's ridden.

We decided to eat lunch in Camp Wood to wait out the rain. After that we filled up and went off on the 100 mile loop. It started drying off. At 41 and 336 intersection, we decided to go to Stonehenge because it was still early. Well, due good navigation skills of our leader, we ended up in Junction, so we hightailed it back to Stonehenge after consulting with the locals on where we were and where we should have been. That road 1340 is sweet :D . So on the way to Stonehengene, Pete gets a flat, so we go back fix him up and head off from Hunt on hwy 39 to 187. Pete gets a flat again, so we go get the truck. I rode on 337 in the dark with my visor open, because I couldn't see through the tinted visor with bugs splattered all over. This sucked bad. Overall it was really fun. My rear tire is gone by now. It had a good run with 3300 miles. I ended up with 455 miled on the odometer by the end of the day. I got home by 2 am Sunday morning. We need to do this again in about a month. :cool:

[ March 21, 2004, 15:50: Message edited by: Oskar_Z28 ]

Chris Chadwell
March 21st, 2004, 07:35 PM
I forgot to reset my odometer so I didn't know how many miles we did, but I was guessing 450. If you did 455, I have an additional 30 miles or so, so it looks like I was pushing 500 miles.

Pete
March 21st, 2004, 09:50 PM
Well it was a ride but I wouldn't put this one in the "great" category. Standing on the side of a road called 187 in the dark with deer, armidillos, woodchucks, and other assorted varmits scurrying about kinda sucked ***. Huge thanks to Sean for bringing a trailor and for coming out to pick me up from Bandera while Brian rode back into town to get our rig. I owe you lunch or something next time dude! Maybe try it again end of April.

Brian Montgomery
March 22nd, 2004, 10:17 AM
The Pictures....
http://home.earthlink.net/~bdmpastx/VanderPool.JPG
http://home.earthlink.net/~bdmpastx/BrianStonehenge.JPG
http://home.earthlink.net/~bdmpastx/Gixxer%20Stonehenge.JPG
http://home.earthlink.net/~bdmpastx/OskarStonehenge.JPG
http://home.earthlink.net/~bdmpastx/Stonehenge.JPG

Sean Smith
March 22nd, 2004, 11:39 AM
Thanks you guys for showing me around the Mecca of Texas Hillcountry. I had an excellent time even though it was little wet in the start it sure turned out to be a beautiful day. Sadly, I did not reach my goal of equaling the miles on the truck to the bike. The truck won with 994 to the bikes 571, 417 of which was put on Saturday.

It was awesome finally meeting and riding with Brian, Oskar, Pete, and Chris. You guys can really makes those machines move!

Brian, you right about the tires. They had no miles when I took them off the Trailer in Bandera and now I would not feel comfortable making another weekend ride with them. I'm not sure if it's the roads or the compound. This is my first set of 208ZR's

Pete, no problem going pick up your crippled bike. I'm just glad you didn't toss it away! When you started moving at a good clip I was like 'He has a lot of confidence in that plug' When I saw all the green smoke coming from your tire doing about 110 I was 'Holy Sh*t! We're going to be picking up his bike out of the Cacti!' One good thing about going pick you up at 9:00 at night was that it was like being on Safari or something. Saw two deer on the side of the road, saw one bound in front of me, ran over a badger and almost hit a rabbit.

Hope to ride with you guys again for Deal's Gap. I'm still waitng on a call or email from the Ironhorse.