PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Lubbock!

Stretch
September 3rd, 2002, 09:07 PM
I'd like to send a shoutout to all my buddies in Houston....

Hey guys, just lettin' you know that I'm still up here and riding every chance I get. I met a great group of squids up here. We have a group of about 20 riders that go out every Sunday night, and usually you can get a group of 5 any night of the week. These fools really are squids, 3 of 'em went down in the past week. One got hit by a firetruck (he lost control at 30-40mph), another hit a manhole while changing lanes at about 60mph, and the other guy crashed into a telephone pole during a feet-over-the-handlebars-stunt gone bad. Pretty good record, eh?

I went rode to Ruidoso, NM about 3 weeks ago, that was alot of fun. I've never been up in the mountains before. Talk about a loss of power! It felt like I was running on two cylinders(and the BOB didn't help either smile.gif ).

Hopefully I'm gonna have my new truck soon, and I'll be able to bring the FZ1 home for Thanksgiving to ride with you guys! Talk to ya later.

Jason

P.S. Right now it's 73 degrees and 35% humidity, EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT!!!

Jason

racer-x
September 3rd, 2002, 10:00 PM
Glad to hear your havin' fun, don't let any of those squids take you out! Tweety seems to be running on only two cylinders at any given altitude so thats not really a bad thing.
Look forward to riding when ya get back, till then keep the shiny side up, the BOB on back, and the squids behind you>

The Big Spank Daddy
September 4th, 2002, 07:50 AM
Jason, check out the Houston thread and pictures on the 9-1-02 Squid test dummy SMR. I guess there's no shortage of squids anywhere in Texas. That weather report does sound fabulous. Just becareful and we look forward to seeing you again.

Brian Montgomery
September 4th, 2002, 12:09 PM
I lived in Amarillo in 1998 through 2000 and I miss the weather. The 19% humidity year round was nice. You are below the dry line most of the time in Lubbock so humidity is a little higher . And the cool summer nights were a blast. Most nights were around 75 degrees. Have you ridden in Canyon Texas yet? It is north of Lubbock just south of Amarillo. They have some great roads there. As far as squids go, there are tons of them in Lubbock because of Texas Tech…The same goes for Austin with UT…and Houston just because…stay safe up there and watch out for those **** tumble weeds…lol they can hurt you!!!