PDA

View Full Version : Paging Mr. Nevle........................

JohnT
March 23rd, 2004, 10:51 AM
Just wanted to make sure you made it home safely bro.

After dropping Mel and her bike off yesterday, I got to thinking...."****! I'm tired, I wonder how Charles feels on that long ride home?"........

Chime in and let us know you're ok.

Mel
March 23rd, 2004, 01:22 PM
Yea!!! HOLLA!!! :D

Jus10
March 23rd, 2004, 03:09 PM
yea... whats up man?

You left a shirt at our place... I tried it on, but didn't fit so I guess you can have it back :D

CalamariKid
March 23rd, 2004, 06:01 PM
Hey Guys!!! Made it home safely, was nodding off on the drive back so I pulled over and spent the night in a motel in Temple. (If you are wondering how Temple figures into a Dallas to Houston commute, chalk it up to the voice in my head saying "Map? I don't need no stinking map!"

I had a BLAST!!! Mel and Justin - thank you so much for putting me up for the night, Hotel Mel is a definite 5 Star! :eek: ;)

Man, the track day thing is off da Hook!! I was really aprehensive about it, but there was no need, I had a **** eating grin the entire day. :D I might as well just change my direct deposit for my paycheck over to LSTD's and save myself the trouble of writing checks. Seriously, I will be back! Soon!

Before I forget, I have a pair of your gloves Mel, Alpinestars, give me your mailing address, I guess all I really need is your zip and I will send them off, or can give them back to you in May on the IBI if it can wait.

It was great to get to meet some of the other DFW TSBAers, John T., Mike, Greg, and Cathy. Next time I come I'll try and make a longer weekend of it and hook up with you guys on a SMR.

So, wondering if there are any rooms for the IBI with hot tubs still available... ;)

[ March 23, 2004, 18:04: Message edited by: Charles Nevle ]

JohnT
March 23rd, 2004, 06:44 PM
Good to hear that common sense prevailed! I'm the type of brick who would have tried to push on.

Glad you made it, and you're welcome to stay at my house as well, anytime you make it up to FtWorth.

Mel
March 24th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Crap, I did not even realize I left those in the car! DOH the zip is 76013. :eek: :rolleyes: Thanks man, gald you had a good time, come stay with us again any time! :cool:

JohnT
March 24th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Don't worry Jus10, her boots in his car is not what you think ;)

Jus10
March 24th, 2004, 05:16 PM
yea sure.... :eek:

Good thing her boots are oxtars... tongue.gif

Mel
March 26th, 2004, 03:26 PM
lean that mofo!!! :cool: +

http://www.hart-photography.com/MotorSports04/lstd0304msr/cn/pages/p0024.html

JohnT
March 26th, 2004, 04:12 PM
LMAO!!! I was just coming to post that Link!!

The caption was gonna read! CHARLES! WATCH YOUR TOES!

JohnT
March 26th, 2004, 04:14 PM
http://www.hart-photography.com/MotorSports04/lstd0304msr/cn/pages/p009.html

CHARLES!!! WATCH YOUR TOES!!! ;)

JohnT
March 26th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Watch out Charles! You have a stalker in the background :cool:

http://www.hart-photography.com/MotorSports04/lstd0304msr/cn/pages/p0019.html

[ March 26, 2004, 16:34: Message edited by: JohnT ]

CalamariKid
March 26th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Hahaha! That's no **** about the toes, I scraped my boots about half a dozen times! :eek: Got to quit riding like a duck! So is a duck better or worse than a squid??? :D

JohnT
March 26th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Better, at least you're able to turn ;)

Brian Montgomery
March 26th, 2004, 10:17 PM
So Charles, do you think this will give you better feelings on the street now? I know how the street was treating you recently and was just wondering about the confidence.

CalamariKid
March 26th, 2004, 11:15 PM
Bri,

Yea, gravity and I have had our differences of late. This was a big reason I wanted to do this track day and the MSF ERC two weeks ago, needed to not just get back on the horse but get back on with authority.

Been reading Total Control also. Good Stuff, but riding on the track was the real confidence builder. I really went there with this attitude of I just want to make it through the day without wrecking. After taking the first lap, I was like, OK, I can do this, and from then on, it was "Let's see what this ***** can do!". I am glad I read Total Control beforehand, it gave me some things to focus on, relaxing the outside arm in turns, throttle control, brake control, etc. The course portion of the track day reinforced those lessons.

I am really looking forward to the next time. :D