PDA

View Full Version : SMR for 5-26-02

The Big Spank Daddy
May 21st, 2002, 11:54 AM
I'm new here so go easy on me. This is my first time so be gentle. Is there still going to be an SMR out of Brookshire this Sunday? Holiday and all, some guys may have to spend it with the wife and kids, God have mercy on those who have to spend it with the in-laws too.

Inlaw1
May 21st, 2002, 12:24 PM
Yea you trash collectors!! smile.gif Is there going to be a ride out of Brookshire this weekend? There's an outside chance I will be in town on Sat. for a BBQ. If I do go, I'll bring the bike for a Sun. run with ya'll. That is if your all men enough to ride on Sun.! :D

Louis Reinartz
May 21st, 2002, 03:52 PM
Yea the last time your light weight @ss came to town for a ride...you did not get up, too much beer or some lame reason.
The ride will be on..be there!

royfzr
May 21st, 2002, 04:00 PM
Gary,
I wish I would be able to make it but our family reunion is that weekend and I will be with my wife's in-laws in Florida

arpad
May 21st, 2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Gary Stoops:
That is if your all men enough to ride on Sun.! :D Hey Gary, that reminds me, today was a great day for bike sales; not in terms of quantity so much as it was in terms of quality:
sold one 2001 SV650S that needed a worthy master (to none other than a TSBA dude, my first) and one HAYABUSA to an "old guy" (like you) who traded-in his 2002 ST1100 for it! BUT MAN, THESE OLD VIET-nam era jet pilots GOT BALLS like us young folk! ACTUALLY theirs are bigger, :eek: for this man COULD ride like the "dickens!" :eek: (And "dickens" are known for riding very fast) He rode a wheelie on that thing that would have put those Star-Boyz pecker-woods to shame! NO FEAR INDEED!
Anyway, glad to hear you're comin' east. smile.gif

Oskar_Z28
May 21st, 2002, 10:22 PM
I'm up for a ride any day except Sat. I'll be partying that day. Well, maybe I can start a little later on Sunday - got to clear my eyes first.

Pete
May 22nd, 2002, 06:38 AM
Well normally I keep the scooter locked and covered on holidays due to the increase in traffic and law enforcement BUT since some out of towner is calling out my manhood I might be able to drag the Kwacker out on Sunday. smile.gif 9:00 am right?

By the way, welcome to the board Chris. What kind of bike you got? Have you had it long?

Inlaw1
May 22nd, 2002, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Peter Strezo:
BUT since some out of towner is calling out my manhood I might be able to drag the Kwacker out on Sunday.Ok, I said an outside chance I'd be there. So don't plan your riding this weekend on me just goofin wit ya. smile.gif

The Big Spank Daddy
May 22nd, 2002, 06:52 AM
Thanks, '85 FJ1100. I had an '81 KZ1000J but sold it in '92 with the thought that I would buy a new bike later. Well, 10 years later, my wife slapped me up side the head and said "Get off your a%& I want to go riding." Who's to argue with the man of the house! My son who is 18 and never rode a motorcycle in his life decided he was going to buy some hot 600 sport bike and be like Nicky Hayden. The only way to "curb" that was to get him a bike that was more learner friendly, an '02 EX250 which he pronptly wrecked the first day. That was all about 8 weeks ago and since I've gotten my "sea legs" back we've been looking for some one to ride with. My bike has this TSBA decal on it so I looked it up on the Web and here I am. Although I have been riding since the early '70s my son is still pretty green and will need some guidence. His minor low side and into the ditch experience left him with only a bruised leg and a better sense of humility. We both look forward to meeting everyone.

Scott Farmer
May 22nd, 2002, 08:50 AM
Roy, Gary... Did someone end up with your old FJ?

The Big Spank Daddy
May 22nd, 2002, 11:21 AM
The guy I got it from lived out on the North East side of Lake Houston and he said he got it from his cousin, I think. It's got steel braided brake lines, some minor crash damage on the right side of the fairing and foam super bike grips. The TSBA decal is on the left side of the tail and the tail has some pin stripe work on it. He said it had about 16K miles on it when he got it and it had 25K on it when I got it. It also had Metzeler 880 tires on it that he said where on it when he got it. The guy I got it from name was Scott but I cannot recall his last name. I think he said he was an electrician for Jersey Village.

Inlaw1
May 22nd, 2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Scott Farmer:
Roy, Gary... Did someone end up with your old FJ?LOL! Well, I know mine got passed around quite a bit! smile.gif It was an '84 though. If it's custom painted yellow / blue it would be my old one. If it's red / white it could be Scott D's old one, I believe he had an '85. I think Roy's was an '88 or '89 white / grey.

There were probably one or two other FJ owners in the group I can't remember now. They were a popular bike and still remain an excellent sport tour bike that has enough torque to pull tree stumps out of the ground! :D

Louis Reinartz
May 22nd, 2002, 03:24 PM
I will not be able to make it this weekend. My mother is in her final days. :(

royfzr
May 22nd, 2002, 04:24 PM
My old FJ1200 wound up in Florida, and is still there as far as I know

[ May 22, 2002, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: RoyWileman ]

arpad
May 22nd, 2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Louis Reinartz:
I will not be able to make it this weekend. My mother is in her final days. :( Louis, I know I aint family or nothin', but I would like to express my family's sympathy to you and your family during this tough time.

Louis Reinartz
May 23rd, 2002, 06:00 AM
Arpod, Thank you. My mother died this morning. :(

royfzr
May 23rd, 2002, 06:14 AM
Our Prayers and thoughts are with you Louis.

The Big Spank Daddy
May 23rd, 2002, 06:17 AM
Having lost a parent myself many years ago I know how it leaves an empty spot in your heart. If I can do anything for you or your family, please let me know.

sgpracer
May 23rd, 2002, 06:48 AM
Louis,

My heart goes out to you and your family.

mccoyd1
May 23rd, 2002, 09:21 PM
Louis, im very sorry to hear about your mother. You know me and Jenn are here if you need anything!!!!!!! Take care, hope to see you soon!!!!!!

Inlaw1
May 24th, 2002, 12:24 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss Louis. My thoughts and prayer's are with you and your family.

Pete
May 24th, 2002, 07:06 AM
Louis you have my condolences also.

I don't think I'm going to be out this Sunday. Then the following weekend we'll be at NPR.

Oskar_Z28
May 24th, 2002, 07:29 AM
Louis, sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my mom few years ago and it was tough. Hang in there.