PDA

View Full Version : Houstonians are the best candidates for...

VFRacer-R
March 25th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Yulia's daughter is back at Tx Children's. The word is that things are very grim, and platelets are more desperately needed now more than ever.
People in and around Houston are the best candidates to help, due to the short shelf life of platelets. If you go to the CMRA BBS and (http://www.cmraracing.com/mboard.htm) go to the main board, look for the "Help needed Houston" thread. The last message is the one that explains best what to do.
It only takes a few minutes, and it doesn't hurt that bad.
This is one of those situations where you can do something so trivial, that can make a difference in life or death.

The Big Spank Daddy
March 25th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Cindy had already read the CMRA board and responded by sending messages to various radio stations in town to help get the word out.

I cannot stress enough how giving blood is so trival to those of us who can do so. It is litterally the gift of life that only you can give.

Brian Montgomery
March 26th, 2004, 07:57 AM
I would help if I could but I have a blood issue in that I cannot donate anything like that. I have met her daughter and she is a really cool kid. See what you can do to help.