PDA

View Full Version : Help: Radiator Repair

Oskar_Z28
March 27th, 2004, 01:07 PM
I got a puncture from a rock in my radiator. It's very tiny, but it still leaks. Does anyone know a good place to get that fixed in Houston? (soldered or something like that). I want to get my bike running before next weekend. Thanks.

Oskar

Pete
March 27th, 2004, 01:18 PM
You already broke the R1? I think any radiator repair shop should be able to fix it. I've heard people mention one towards downtown but I can't remember the name.

Oskar_Z28
March 27th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Yeah, it sucks. I got one place recommended already. Will try to get it fixed this week. No riding for me tomorrow. At least I put on couple hundred miles today.

Schreck
March 27th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Oskar contact Brian Montgomery...He had a similar problem in the past....Maybe, Randy might have a answer for you as well. Tough luck having that happen to a new bike.

Brian Montgomery
March 29th, 2004, 08:47 PM
Rock guard!!!!...Downtown Radiator is the name of the place. But almost any shop can fix it...JB weld will too.

Oskar_Z28
March 29th, 2004, 11:59 PM
Where can I get a rock guard?

Oh, and I got the radiator fixed at All Cure Radiators. Ken, the owner, was really cool and did it while I waited. He didn't even charge me anything, and tested the radiator afterwards too to make sure it didn't leak.

Schreck
March 30th, 2004, 02:42 AM
Free!!!Bullshiet...That's about as crazy as the deal I got on my NEW BIKE. :D

Brian Montgomery
March 30th, 2004, 07:48 AM
Lockhart Phillips makes a rock guard for the bikes. And you can tell that it works on my bike. Lol. They run about $60.00 This is the actual company that makes them.
http://www.coxracingroup.com

The Big Spank Daddy
March 30th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Oskar, I spoke with Troy at Hart Radiator (heat transfere products) today. He said they can repair your radiator for about $25. Sorry I do not have the number right at my finger tips. It's on Kerr street and McCarty off of I-10 east by the Bud brewery.

If you call be sure to tell him "Chris @ Barrier Equipment spoke to you about this radiator..."

Oskar_Z28
March 31st, 2004, 08:58 AM
Chris, thanks, but I got it fixed already. Ken at All Cure (off Kuykendahl) took care of it for really good price (free) while I waited. He said repair was too simple to charge me anything.

The Big Spank Daddy
March 31st, 2004, 06:44 PM
Cool, I got that number for Hart anyway, 713-675-9848. I went by there today and spoke to Troy Hart. He does not advertise it but he will repair bike radiators. He has done several that the owners believed unfixable.