PDA

View Full Version : SMR 3-28-04

The Big Spank Daddy
March 27th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Weather is a big if and the FJ is in need of tires. I may show up provided there are no wet roads. I will only be doing a short and easy ride due to the lack of vital rubber contact with the road.

tankmonkey
March 28th, 2004, 06:17 AM
gonna have to miss this one since the rf's forks are off the bike for upgrades.

should be ready to ride again soon, though...

arpad
March 28th, 2004, 04:17 PM
RIDE REPORT

Paul Sonderfan, on the new ZX-10R (Blue), thanks. I found my way back. It was good to see some of the old crew at Orsaks. A few bugs in the visor, a few roads under construction, a few DPS too many, logged 400 plus miles today. My *** hurts.

[ March 28, 2004, 16:19: Message edited by: Schoffer ]

The Big Spank Daddy
March 28th, 2004, 07:01 PM
For the most part the weather was nice. Only a few sprinkles. About 6 of us headed out of JIB to Fayetteville. Ran across a huge pack of bicycle riders warming up for the MS150.

Hung out at Orsak's. A lot of 4 wheelers were around but only one or two other bikes besides us. Jim Trimm and I cut it short and had a nice slow easy pace back to the house.

There were tons of flowers out. The fragrance was very strong and quite refreshing.

Paul Sonderfan
March 28th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Arpad, glad to hear you made it back. We ran the back roads to Navasota and then up to TWS. Got there after registration closed and headed back rather than pay the $15 ea. Do I ever love my Valentine and the HARD system!!?? 4 absolute saves on the way to TWS and back; it paid for itself years ago and just keeps paying back. For what looked like such a crappy day, the weather turned out perfect; just killed a years worth of bugs in about 5 hours. Almost 600 miles on the bike now and I'm loving it. Looking forward to the cooler, drier weather this week for commuting (the bike, of course) Chris, see you Tues for bikes, burgers and beers.