PDA

View Full Version : The Big Houston Bust Update

The Big Spank Daddy
September 11th, 2002, 09:20 AM
If you did not already know the police chief resiegned last week for various reasons and this being one of them.

Yesterday the acting police cheif dropped all charges for trespass and curfew for all 273 people arrested. Police union president said, "... not because anything was done wrong, there just was not enough evidence...".

Inlaw1
September 11th, 2002, 04:59 PM
WOW! Oh well, the guy was a buffoon anyway. Now you just need to get rid of that worthless Mayor you have. Looks like this little incident has had a major impact! Good! Thanks for sharing this with us.

I like the line "... not because anything was done wrong, there just was not enough evidence...". Ok, so you arrested 273 people without enough evidence....and nothing was done wrong." Do they need to be hit over the head with a baton? Sheez!

G-Man
September 12th, 2002, 08:32 AM
So are the individuals who plead guilty to the charges to not have to spend the weekend in jail going to have their records expunged as well?

Pete
September 12th, 2002, 08:43 AM
I remember hearing something that if you pleaded guilty to get out of going to jail they would let you re-plead. Not exactly sure how it all panned out though. Has anyone driven by Coney since this incident? Curious if the bike crowd still goes there or if they found someplace else.

The Big Spank Daddy
September 12th, 2002, 11:12 AM
Yes, those that pleaded guilty have to ask for a retrial and at that time their charges will be dismissed. Law suits are now running rampant and the low down is that the city will be gladly paying all expenses incured. Those who want more will have to wait for their day in court.

However, you can propably bet there will be a lot of deals being done to keep as much of this as possible quiet.

G-Man
September 12th, 2002, 12:23 PM
Seems like to me the bike crowd could just about congregate in any parking lot (that doesn't post signs forbidding it) they want to at this point as no one from HPD is going to be harassing anyone for loitering/trespass for a very long time.

Warren White
September 12th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Did the chief resign or is he just suspended with pay. I read an article in the chronicle that said he was suspened with pay until the end of the perjury trial.

The Big Spank Daddy
September 12th, 2002, 01:57 PM
Well that may be possible. It was stated on the news that "He resigned his post as police chief..."

racer-x
September 15th, 2002, 10:38 AM
JCI is dead now. A friend of mine rode by and said there were two HPD officers in the parking lot. I think that was last Saturday.

VFRacer-R
September 15th, 2002, 05:49 PM
The police Chief is not fired and did not resign, he is suspended with pay as per policy. Kind of an interesting development with the HPD posting signs, not only would they have to have permission to do it, but, I have never heard of police doing something like that just to be good semaritans!