PDA

View Full Version : Good time for track day raffle....

VFRacer-R
March 29th, 2004, 08:48 AM
I was looking over our financial report, and thought, hey, that is a ****e load of money!
Two subjects crossed my mind...
One was the tire changer. Either paying to build more, or buy one of the less expensive (Coats 200?) tire changers out there. I used John Whitfill's changer the other day on the rains, and boy, what a snap it is! We can elaborate on this at the meeting if need be.
The other thing was the track day raffle. I actually have two ideas regarding this, one of them I would like to bring up in person, the other I think would be appropriate here. We have plenty of money there to get (at least) 2 track days to give away in a raffle or drawing. Sell the tickets for $2-5, and then draw two names. We could do it for RideSmart or Lone Star. This idea ties in to my other idea, by suggesting that the club or the individual pay to take the CMRA licensing class while they are there. The money for the raffle would not be intended to completely recoup money we lay out for the track days, but to partially recoup it. A way of thanking our members for their being part of the club.
Chime in and let me know what you all think!

The Big Spank Daddy
March 29th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Very good ideas. Lets get them on the monthly meeting agenda.

Schreck
March 29th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Great idea!!! Tires could be added as well! :D

VFRacer-R
March 29th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by T. Schreckenbach:
Great idea!!! Tires could be added as well! :D Only limited by your imagination...

CalamariKid
April 1st, 2004, 05:51 AM
How about we use the money to make a down payment on a house with some property in the hill country, our very own TSBA-Hou Hill Country frat house! :D

What mid-life crisis?

VFRacer-R
April 1st, 2004, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Charles Nevle:
How about we use the money to make a down payment on a house with some property in the hill country, our very own TSBA-Hou Hill Country frat house! :D

What mid-life crisis? Dude, you seem to be one step ahead of everyone else, I bow down to your benevolence!
Personally, I think we should get the frat house at Deal's Gap! :D

Brian Montgomery
April 1st, 2004, 10:10 AM
Cool and I will move into the Deals Gap Frat house...you know to maintain the house and stuff.. :D I have no problem with that at all.

CalamariKid
April 1st, 2004, 10:22 AM
Right, Brian, and of course for your selfless efforts at being the House Mom your share of the dues would be forgiven. Now, that we are in the planning stages we need to encourage the establishment of a Sorority House. For that we may need to enlist the help of the Dallas chapter. :D

Tau Sigma Beta Alpha!!!

[ April 01, 2004, 10:26: Message edited by: Charles Nevle ]

VFRacer-R
April 1st, 2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Charles Nevle:
Right, Brian, and of course for your selfless efforts at being the House Mom your share of the dues would be forgiven. Now, that we are in the planning stages we need to encourage the establishment of a Sorority House. For that we may need to enlist the help of the Dallas chapter. :D

Tau Sigma Beta Alpha!!! That's Brian, taking it for the "team"!!
Besides, Brian has his own sorority he attends to. What was the name of it B? ________ Galore?

AaronEustace
April 1st, 2004, 01:55 PM
________ Galore?
LMAO, wasn't that one of James Bonds' girlfriends? :D

VFRacer-R
April 1st, 2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by AaronEustace:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> ________ Galore?
LMAO, wasn't that one of James Bonds' girlfriends? :D </font>[/QUOTE]Good eye! You win the first night's sleep over party at the new party house in Arkansas! Bill Clinton to provide entertainment of the female (questionable) persuasion!