PDA

View Full Version : Toll Road Violations

WFO
March 31st, 2004, 05:53 AM
I live off 249 in the Champions area so I have to take the #*%@!ing tollway to get anwhere fast. I obtained an EZ tag to simplify the highway robbery process. I recently recieved two notices of toll violations. Each had a different picture of my fat @ss and my FZ1's license plate. Each Also listed the time, date and place of 3 alleged toll violations.

I have had in the past, various conversations with members concerning thier toll both stategies. I believe Tony said he blows thru the EZ tag lane and without a tag and never gets caught. Brian said ditto except he splits the 2 lanes so that the camera can't capture his license plate. Paul takes the EZ tag from his car and transfers it to his bike. Paul theorizes that a fellow rider flanking his side can pass unserveiled.

I have tried all of the above and I believe none of them work except possibly Brians method. Brian, have you recieved any toll violation invoices?

Dispare not. Before I paid the "The Man" $36.50 in fines, I called the Toll Athority and protested that I had a EZ tag. They said a photo is taken of all vehicles in the EZ tag lane and the tag's ID is compared to the license plate. A violation is recorded if there is no tag or if the tag does not match the vehicle. He offered to drop everything if I obtained an EZ tag for my motorcycle. Of course I accepted his offer. My waterproof tag is in the mail.

Brian Montgomery
March 31st, 2004, 07:56 AM
First off, have a legit ez tag to get outta the violations...but secondly, no, I have not had any..it could be due to plate locations as well. But I never see the camera lights go off. I have done wheelies and stopies through the booths too...lol. I wanted a photo of my skilz yo!...lol But seriously...nothing ever in the mail. But I did get it on my truck a few times and I just presented the ez tag and they removed the violations and only charged the buck for the toll to my account. I had 18 violations on the truck!!!lol
I hear the highway robbery figures total 2.5 million bucks a day...can you imagine that? So F them!

tankmonkey
March 31st, 2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Brad Hearn:
My waterproof tag is in the mail. they make waterproof ez-tags?

Schreck
March 31st, 2004, 09:15 AM
Yeah! What Brian said about the location of your tag. Also you are riding thru the wrong way obviously so you can get some lessons from Brian or me if you can manage to keep the distance. All I got to say is tough luck. I never made such remarks either so take that. I always pay when I ride even though the heat off the engine swells my nots! Yo! :D I really had the Precient 5 cops I went to the Academy with show me how the bikes do it when I practiced Radar and Laser tag back in the day. tongue.gif

Paul Sonderfan
March 31st, 2004, 10:07 AM
A slight correction, Brad. I actually have an ez tag assigned to my bike. If it fails to register, they compare the license # with the ez tag list to see if you're legit. I'm still pretty sure that if you ride next to a bike WITH an ez tag, you won't show as a separate vehicle, assuming that the legal rider's tag is actually detected. Wonder where they're sending the violations now for license # 10 04 04 (temp tag)?

WFO
March 31st, 2004, 09:17 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by T. Schreckenbach:
[QB] I never made such remarks either so take that.
I'm sure it was another Tony. Sorry.