PDA

View Full Version : Meeting agenda?

VFRacer-R
April 1st, 2004, 06:32 PM
Day is rapidly approaching, what are the topics?

The Big Spank Daddy
April 1st, 2004, 10:06 PM
We are currently experiencing secretary problems, but the issue is being addressed. Thus, the April Monthly Meeting Agenda is being posted behind schedule.

April Monthly Meeting Agenda

Ride for Kids – Sunday, April 25
Scouting meeting point for participants to gather in order to arrive at RFK together
If you’re planning on attending, please post up on the RFK thread please.

Alternate SMR once a month

NOTE: No officers will be in attendance due to outside commitments. This meeting will be more or less a social event.

The Big Spank Daddy
April 1st, 2004, 10:14 PM
I was just scanning through some other post and saw that the Track Day Raffle idea would be a good topic to discuss as well as Tony's BBQ idea.

VFRacer-R
April 1st, 2004, 10:21 PM
Not sure, but I thought that a member driven organization could conduct business and make decisions/votes with the quarum on hand?
NOT trying to stir any pots, but that is my understanding (and will stand to be corrected).

This is a regularly scheduled business meeting, I think that there should be a meeting, given the fact that it is so close that cancelling is no longer an option.

It seems that we have a lot to discuss, business should be conducted.

I like you guys, but I don't drive in to downtown on purpose just to see you socially... tongue.gif (that is a joke for the humor impaired)

[ April 01, 2004, 22:22: Message edited by: VFRacer ]

The Big Spank Daddy
April 1st, 2004, 11:18 PM
To my knowledge there is nothing to vote on. I do not see were there is anything that needs any approval for expenditure of funds.

The track day raffle deal needs the details worked out as well as the BBQ thing.

The RFK meeting point on the 25th is yet to be determined waiting on myself to scout it out. I hope to have that done next weekend.

VFRacer-R
April 1st, 2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Chris Donnelly:
To my knowledge there is nothing to vote on. I do not see were there is anything that needs any approval for expenditure of funds.
The trackday deal could be voted on, and then put to an e-vote if needed. The BBQ deal is in the same boat, it doesn't take anything to figure expenses on that, and it could easily be voted on.
Then, there is the ever-present "membership problem" that is supposed to be addressed at this meeting, and discussed in open forum.

Again, I ain't pokin' or trying to stir things with a big spoon- but these seem like issues that could easily be voted on. The membership issue seems to be a pretty pressing one that deserves rapid intervention/ attention to quell any fires or potential problems- and put things to bed once an for all. Let's not wait on that one.

The Big Spank Daddy
April 2nd, 2004, 12:10 AM
There are no details on the BBQ or track day deal. That's why there has to be a discussion, details worked out, posted for all to review and then put to a vote at the May MM.

Membership issue? You'll have to fill us in on that one.

Brian Montgomery
April 2nd, 2004, 08:34 AM
As for the RFK thing...it is in Kemah. And the ride is from Kemah to Pasadena...A decent meeting point would be Almeda Mall Parking lot off of 45 and Shaver...then you could take the beltway down to Genoa Red Bluff...then to Red Bluff...then to HWY 146 down to Kemah...That is the way I would go.

rtbain
April 3rd, 2004, 12:43 PM
The meeting consisted of myself and David Beck. We shot the breeze and ate lunch. The meeting was then adjourned.