PDA

View Full Version : Remodeling Project

Brian Montgomery
September 17th, 2002, 12:28 PM
Does anyone know anyone that does drywall work? I am remodeling my house and I am doing some tear out. I need someone to float, tape and texture my house. I will be hanging the new drywall myself. It shouldn’t take a person more than a a day to float and tape the whole house. The texture would take about two days. The house is 1400 sq ft. minus the 300 sq ft for the garage. I can do the work myself but I don’t have the time to do it. I will be spending my time building the new cabinets for the kitchen. If someone can help me track down someone it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Brian Montgomery
September 19th, 2002, 11:15 AM
Aw...come on guys, no one knows anyone that does drywall?

Louis Reinartz
September 19th, 2002, 12:04 PM
Brian,
Have you tried getting a contractor from Home Depote,Lowes? They could get you some names.
Just trying to help ya ,I'm sure you thought of this already.

Brian Montgomery
September 19th, 2002, 01:34 PM
Yes, I have tried everything. See, drywallers are in very high demand right now and most of them are working 7 days a week and cannot fit me in to even come out and look at the work. So you can my problem. I have called somewhere in the area of 30 different drywallers in the Houston area and most are way too busy to even call back. That is why I am posting here. Maybe someone knows someone that would like to make some money on the side and work weekends? I don't know. If I knew Spanish I am sure that I could get someone to come over and get it done. I am not trying to be racial or anything but hispanics are the best at drywall and I am sure that I could find one at a new neighborhood that is going up but the language barrier is a big thing.

Louis Reinartz
September 19th, 2002, 01:57 PM
I see your point,give me a call I would be more than happy yo look into this for you. There are a number of new homes going up in my area and I could try to go talk to them and get a number or some info from them for you.

Brian Montgomery
September 20th, 2002, 08:42 AM
Turns out I have someone that can do it. My girlfriends uncle is a sheetrock business owner in Virginia. He has aggreed that if i pay for two round trip tickets to Houston he would do it for no charge. It would be like getting a paid vacation for him and his wife. But I am still looking in the case that this deal falls through.