PDA

View Full Version : SMR 4-4-04 ?

WFO
April 4th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Five showed at JIB. Lots of fog. Brian Stephenson showed up with problems. A blown lower radiator hose dumped all of his coolant just as he pulled into Brookshire. I volunteered to haul @ss back to my Champions area base to get rescue truck. Paul, thanks for use of ramp and handlebar tie-downs.
Paul, Aaron and new guy with SV 650 (sorry, I'm bad with names) left from JIB shortly thereafter. I hope all went well considering the fog.
I made 1 round trip on Yamaha to JIB, 1 round trip in Chevy, then remounted and rode Egypt-Honea, 149, 3090, then back (220 miles). There was a large, slow trail ride fouling things up north of Richards ("Crappy" road conditions) and a loose calf on 3090 that was determined to get run over. I left frustrated bovine unscathed in ditch. Aaron, Paul, how did your ride go?

Pete
April 5th, 2004, 06:26 AM
Dead battery here. After getting 3-1/2 years off the stocker I guess I shouldn't be complaining.

AaronEustace
April 5th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Late start from JIB due to heavy fog and Brian's badly blown radiator hose as Brad mentioned. Just David, Paul and myself rode to Ballsak's. Moist roads led to a couple minor rear-slides. I pissed off a farmer towing a gargantuan hay roll by passing him??? He was hanging half-way out the truck 'gesturing' at me when Paul and David blew by him too. Probably needed a change of shorts after that. I rode back after b-fast Paul & David went the long way. The R6 was running sublimely!

brianstephenson
April 5th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Brad - thanks again for truckn' the kawi home for me. As far as breakdowns go, guess I can't complain. I really want a new Kawi 10R now though! Maybe I can catch Paul with his garage door open...

The Big Spank Daddy
April 5th, 2004, 07:20 PM
I was at Oak Hill watching the races. Sorry I missed all the drama...NOT!

Glad it all worked out for everyone.