PDA

View Full Version : North side SMR 1 Aug??

Paul Sonderfan
July 31st, 2004, 03:52 PM
Anyone else up for something different? Forest, 3090, Navasota, 3090, 1488, etc. If so, depart my house at 8. Call if interested. If no one calls, I guess we go west. (c)713-899-4598

The Big Spank Daddy
July 31st, 2004, 05:24 PM
Spoke with Oskar at the WnL and I think I will make it a short day. The ride out to Randy's and back was pretty **** hot. Not only that I have some stuff I need to take care. I still have the Seca to fix.

Also, check this out.

http://p066.ezboard.com/fhoustonsportbikenetworkfrm1.showMessage?topicID=3 600.topic

[ July 31, 2004, 20:00: Message edited by: Chris Donnelly ]

The Big Spank Daddy
August 1st, 2004, 11:00 AM
Lainie and I did the normal route with the exception that we skipped JIB to get a little ahead of the main group. That way we would not be so late getting to Fayetteville.

No incidents, no LEOs. But the temp was a kicker. Just after breakfast the temps starting going sky high at about 10:00. Lainie and I made it home about 11:45.

She did really good today. On the way back her speed was up to the speed limit on the straights and near or slightly above in the corners. My main concern is her stopping and starting. That will just take time as she gets use to the controls and particulars of the bike.

Looks like we might be doing 20 to 30 minute ride lessons everyday for the next couple of weeks. She will also be riding to POs Tuesday night.

AaronEustace
August 1st, 2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Chris Donnelly:
On the way back her speed was up to the speed limit on the straights and near or slightly above in the corners.So how long did she have to wait for you at the intersections? tongue.gif

The Big Spank Daddy
August 1st, 2004, 12:23 PM
Hey, I can't help it that I'm old, fat and slow.

rtbain
August 1st, 2004, 12:49 PM
Don't forget ugly.

The Big Spank Daddy
August 1st, 2004, 04:16 PM
I just sort of assumed that was a givin.

Paul Sonderfan
August 1st, 2004, 06:24 PM
North side was fun. Brian S., Brad, Volker, and Charles. Left my house at 7:15, a great breakfast in Navasota and back by 11:30. No popo anywhere and no incidents. A very successful ride. I gained a real appreciation for the R6 and the race tires. It just seemed to fall into the corners and go wherever I even thought of going. Aaron, I REALLY appreciate the loaner, but I REALLY want MY bike back! Maybe next week.

AaronEustace
August 1st, 2004, 09:06 PM
Glad you were able to ride and appreciate some of it's 'qualities'. I've learned the key to that bike is keeping the revs between 10k and 14k. Anything under that and it's a bit weak. Short-shifting is strongly discouraged :D .

I just haven't had the time to ride the R6 lately so enjoy it till KHI sends you a new spool.