PDA

View Full Version : Bandit is in the house!

The Big Spank Daddy
April 11th, 2004, 08:21 AM
I went by Joe Strong's and picked up the Bandit Friday night. Not only does it look like new, it runs like new. Here's a few things it has,

Corbin seat, hugger rear fender, fork brace, upper handle bar clamp brace, new tires, new chain and sprockets, fresh tune up, D&D exhaust, jet kit, flush mount turn signals, Progressive Suspension rear shock, steel braided brake lines, case gaurds, after market mirrors, aluminum boot gaurds, smoke wind screen, LED bulbs, hard back service manual and spare oil filters.

We had things to do Friday night so I did not get to ride it much. Jeff took it for a spin around the block when I got home. He returned with a huge grin on his face. He said, "Wow, it's powerful!"

After taking care of business on Saturday Cindy and I were able to put about 75 miles on it before it started raining. It has about the same ergos as the FJ, but definitely a lot more power and much smoother. If the GPZ has an over all HP advantage, it ain't much. The GPZ definetly does not have the torque at lower rpms as the Bandit.

Thanks Joe for making me a great deal! :D

[ April 11, 2004, 18:12: Message edited by: Chris Donnelly ]

CBR1100XX
April 11th, 2004, 06:21 PM
The Suzuki Bandit has been a great bike with no mechanical problems. As you know I put a lot of extras on it to improve performance and handling. I doubt you can find a Bandit set up better than that one anywhere in Houston. It should have about 120hp with the slip-on pipe, jet kit, and 5 degree timing advancer added. I never had trouble keeping up on SMRs and the bike is comfortable enough to make long trips too. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. It is hard to beat as an all-purpose street bike.