PDA

View Full Version : Props to Houston Motorcycle Exchange

CalamariKid
April 16th, 2004, 01:42 PM
The petcock on my GPZ has been leading fuel which sent me in search of a rebuild kit this week. My search ended me up at HME this morning. They did not have the kit or the right gaskets/rings but that did not stop the helpful crew from throwing their best efforts at my problem. Tommy Fabregas pulled apart the petcock, cleaned it up, sanded the valve cover, soaked the gasket to replenish it, and found me a rebuild kit for $9.00 that he will order if his clean up does not work. The whole time I was there the staff there made me feel at home, going the extra mile to ask lots of questions about the problems I was having and offering potential solutions. They were very knowledgeable and friendly and not at all out to rip me off. It was like visiting a shop owned by a good friend.

Oh, and all it cost me for the wealth of info and a solid 30 min of good cleaning of the petcock was ten bucks.

I know most of you do your own work on your bikes, and I am trying to learn, but if you need an opinion from some really knowledgeable guys, or some work done at a shop, you might consider these guys.

They are located at 1326 N. Durham between 13th and 14th streets.

The Big Spank Daddy
April 16th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Wow! That's great. Nice to hear about a good group of guys like that.

So does that mean I'm not going to be able to sit back in my chair, suck on the Diet Sprite and shout instructions Saturday? :D

CalamariKid
April 16th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Not to fear Chris-O, they think that there still may be a prob with the carbs. I will take it for a ride this afternoon and check it out. Now that I think about it, what the hell am I still doing at work - ouuuuta here!!!

Regardless, I will be at Randy's.