PDA

View Full Version : SMR 4-18-04

The Big Spank Daddy
April 16th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Who's in, who's up for something different? Anyone want to try and East Texas ride?

CalamariKid
April 16th, 2004, 08:58 PM
I'd love to, but Sunday is my son's first communion, so I am out.

Schreck
April 17th, 2004, 07:44 PM
I'm up for the regular ride to Fat daddy ville then to Round Top to rail in to Chappel Hill for the Raccoon Bend homeward. East Texas is just to far to venture out for me this weekend. (Not a TuTu story) tongue.gif Who wants to do our SMR warm-up routine route? Any takers? :D

The Big Spank Daddy
April 18th, 2004, 06:33 PM
We had about 8 regulars show up and one newbie. Tony, what happened?

Weather was great and the roads clear. Breakfast was good and starting an hour ealy made it nice to be home a little earlier.

Paul or Aaron? How did ya'lls ride go? We saw a Trooper on 36 and a local in Sealy. my bird dog got both of them before they saw us though.

Oh and Paul, Jeff told me about how ya'll were poking fun at me while you were stopped at Cat Springs waiting on us. I can't help it that I'm just old, fat and slow. tongue.gif I was pushing the Bandit for all it was worth. I just couldn't get to go any faster. You know? All that extra weight it has to lug around had it in maximum over load. :D

[ April 18, 2004, 19:35: Message edited by: Chris Donnelly ]

Schreck
April 18th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Well, I ended staying up to 3 in the morning doing movies (watching). Anyway, I did manage to get up and take off until the wretched wife said, your watching the little one today. Well, I did get a call Sat. night on me selling the CBR to a local for Monday. Got everthing ready to let her go so I will end up riding the other bike soon. Things really happen for a good reason so I will just have to let nature take its course. Good to hear ya'll did the regular route. No problems, excellent. :D

AaronEustace
April 20th, 2004, 08:07 AM
Paul and I had a nice ride completing the northern SMR loop. I was adamant about getting home before 1pm to watch the GP. We almost didn't make it as we ran into the Chappel Hill Blue Bonnet festival! :eek: I navigated us through the back streets going .1 mph dodging humans darting out into the street for no apparent reason. Anyway, I made it home with 10 minutes to spare and told my wife if anyone called, I wasn't there. (So Paul, since I don't have Caller ID I had no idea it was you... ;) )

Chris, we weren't making fun of you; your own pride and joy :rolleyes: was sitting there *****ing about you making him sweep up the FNG's two weeks in a row. If I had progeny like that I'd sleep with one eye open. tongue.gif

[ April 20, 2004, 09:40: Message edited by: AaronEustace ]

Paul Sonderfan
April 20th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by AaronEustace:

Chris, we weren't making fun of you; your own pride and joy :rolleyes: was sitting there *****ing about you making him sweep up the FNG's two weeks in a row. If I had progeny like that I'd sleep with one eye open. tongue.gif Yeah, what he said. (Trouble maker!!) BTW, it was Omar, not Tony!

arpad
April 22nd, 2004, 10:53 AM
Hey Paul and Aaron.

Jacob and I did the entire Independence Trail counter-clockwise! And we passed you guys going the other way! I saw the blue Kawi and yellow chickenhawk go by and I knew it was y'all. (Between Independence and that Hwy that goes to Navasota) I was on the silver Gixxer 1000 and Jacob on his "919". Anyhow, we had breakfast in Sealy and realized we were going to miss your departure in Fayetteville so we ditched the usual clockwise route and did it backwards, which was a challenge since it looks different going the other way, duh. smile.gif

[ April 22, 2004, 11:54: Message edited by: Schoffer ]

The Big Spank Daddy
April 22nd, 2004, 08:08 PM
Oh right, Omarrrrrrrrr. I really liked him and it seemed like he got a lot out of the ride. I'm glad you guys had a good time. Sorry we missed you Arpad.

Arpad, why don't you post up what your doing or call one of us. We'll wait on you if we know for sure your coming.

AaronEustace
April 23rd, 2004, 07:59 AM
I think 'Arpad' is Armenian for "The Shadow"....Only the Shadow knows if/when he'll show for an SMR :D .

BTW, I remember passing you guys thinking..."I bet I know them..."

arpad
April 23rd, 2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Chris Donnelly:
Oh right, Omarrrrrrrrr. I really liked him and it seemed like he got a lot out of the ride. I'm glad you guys had a good time. Sorry we missed you Arpad.

Arpad, why don't you post up what your doing or call one of us. We'll wait on you if we know for sure your coming. Wife got the PC amoung other things, and my soul. Divorce. I am sleeping on the floor. Spirit is severely damaged, operating at only 25%. Heart has been ripped out of chest cavity. Once recovered, will communicate. Using computer at work, sparingly. smile.gif