PDA

View Full Version : it lives...

tankmonkey
April 18th, 2004, 04:02 PM
I finally got enough fuel, fire, and compression in one place at one time to get the little bandit to turn over.

and it did - at about 8k rpm. with a race pipe. (I'm still a little deaf, but I think it's getting better.)

I adjusted the throttle cable and shut off the choke and the bike to settled down into a decent idle. of course, then I noticed the fuel dripping from the carburetor float bowls, so I had to shut it down.

I'll replace the float bowl gaskets (and maybe the float/needle assemblies, too) and I imagine that will fix it.

anyway, I'm just really pumped that the motor runs as well as it does. I'm one step closer to having a (loud) track bike... smile.gif

The Big Spank Daddy
April 18th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Great!

Now I have this Seca II................... :D

tankmonkey
April 18th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Chris Donnelly:
Great!

Now I have this Seca II................... :D it's still not running?!??

aren't you some sort of a mechanic? tongue.gif

;)

The Big Spank Daddy
April 19th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Yes, it runs. I just bought one of those spark checker tools. Just been to lazy to work on it again. Maybe theis week though.

And about the mechanic jab...yes I am a "diesel" mechanic and they do not use spark ingnition systems Mr Smarty Pants, So there, boo ya... tongue.gif

rtbain
April 20th, 2004, 03:38 AM
Now that it runs, wouldn't it be a good idea to get the brakes working? smile.gif

tankmonkey
April 20th, 2004, 07:53 AM
spark checker?

just pull the plug, ground the electrode against the valve cover and bump the starter.

there's your spark checker... :D

Originally posted by Chris Donnelly:
And about the mechanic jab...yes I am a "diesel" mechanic and they do not use spark ingnition systems Mr Smarty Pants, So there, boo ya... tongue.gif and where did I say anything at all about the ignition system, sparky? tongue.gif

are you perhaps feeling a little touchy regarding your mad wrenching skillz? ;)

[ April 20, 2004, 09:00: Message edited by: Scott Martin ]

tankmonkey
April 20th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Randy Bain:
Now that it runs, wouldn't it be a good idea to get the brakes working? smile.gif I dunno. the fast guys at the track claim they never touch 'em... :D

(I wasn't racing - were you?!?)

seriously, though, brakes and a footpeg/bracket are the next items on the list (after stanching the fuel leaking from the carbs :rolleyes: ).