PDA

View Full Version : TSBA Houston at LSTD Monday (9th)

VFRacer-R
August 4th, 2004, 11:40 AM
I know Aaron, Scott, Warren, myself, and a friend of mine are going. Anyone else?
It looks like Warren and Scott are working in the am and riding in the pm- I am doing to opposite (not on purpose, but it is fine).

I plan on arriving around 06:45 and (unless I take race trailer) I will have room for a few more to trailer with me on the flatbed trailer.

I am bringing fans, 2 chairs, cooler, tools, and then some of the standard fair (fuel, fluids/ solvents, tire warmers, stands). The "standard fair" will be stuff I am bringing for myself, so if any of you are NOT bringing those things and will NEED those things but can't bring them yourself, let me know and I *may* be able to bring some extra. I am going to try to load my trailer during lunch so I can leave with the rest of you after the day is over. If any of you are going to need stuff in the trailer, I will leave the keys for it with someone. All I ask in return is, if you use any of my stuff, that you help me load up.

Aaron, I hope you plan on doing some laps on the SV-R!

AaronEustace
August 4th, 2004, 12:23 PM
I couldn't be more geeked about the upcoming T-Day! In the last week I've added a Penske shock and completely Race-Tech'd the forks with new rebound and compression gold valves, new .90kg springs, and 10w oil (I probably shoulda gone with .95). I am eager to compare/contrast the setup with a properly sorted out #59 SV :D . The 'GP Shift' thing will require some extra concentration tho tongue.gif .

The fork mods were tricky the FIRST time I did them :rolleyes: . The second time was to increase the compression stack and only took 1.5hrs start to finish. If anyone is considering doing this to their forks themselves to save a few hundred $$ let me know and I can offer some advice/learnings/tools. It's not that bad once you've done it.

I'm taking the F150 up with my gear (chair, small set of tools, stand, cooler w/drinks, etc...) and will meet you there. It's probably good to have an extra vehicle without a trailer attached in case a run to town or home is warranted. Which 'warehouse' do you normally pit under?

Warren White
August 4th, 2004, 12:29 PM
I am riding up with another guy from HSN.

I am sure we will be pitting in the last garage (the red one I think). That is where we usually pit at.

VFRacer-R
August 4th, 2004, 08:53 PM
We (Scott Martin and his buddies) usually pit in the first pits across from the LSTD guys. We usually have lots of room for the four of us, and there is usually space next to us for more until people move in.
I say the more the merrier, it's fun when we get a big group together.
So I guess it stands as Me, Bill (friend of mine, when you get made, you're a friend of ours), Scott, Aaron- Warren, do you want to defecat- I mean defect?
Anyway, should be fun!

Warren White
August 5th, 2004, 07:23 AM
Maybee, depends on what my ride wants to do. I will definatly stop by there if we dont pit over there and hang out for a bit. Reminder to self Don't forget your boots!!!!

AaronEustace
August 5th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Warren White:
Reminder to self Don't forget your boots!!!! I modified the extensive TrackDay checklist over on the DFW board to help with my planning. I have it saved as a WORD file and can easily shoot anyone a copy if they'd like.

tankmonkey
August 5th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Boogity Boogity:
So I guess it stands as Me, Bill (friend of mine, when you get made, you're a friend of ours), Scott, Aaron- Warren, do you want to defecat- I mean defect?I don't know if you saw the cornerworking roster but staton and whiting are definitely going to be there, tom.

I wonder what bike whiting is going to bring along for me to break, uh, I mean ride... tongue.gif

Warren White
August 5th, 2004, 09:23 AM
Shoot me a copy of that if you don't mind. I know what I need to bring but having it on paper to go over would be cool. send it to wwhite@abismail.com thanks

AaronEustace
August 5th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Warren, You've got mail. Let me know if it comes across OK.

Warren White
August 5th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Got it. Thanks a bunch.

That has things in it that I would have never thought of taking, but when you look at it you go "**** its probably a good idea to have that"

Thanks again.