PDA

View Full Version : Racing next season- recruiting partners!!

VFRacer-R
August 4th, 2004, 12:01 PM
I am going to start looking for people to race with me next season. I have already been working on some of you pretty hard- hopefully not pissing you off and bugging any of you!

I would like to have a roster of 4 (myself + 3 others), and would actually like to make it a kind of "TSBA Houston" team...

I've been working on Aaron, Paul (who can't seem to tear himself away from cars!! :mad: :D ), Scott (who seems to be placing family in front of racing with me... man, get your priorities together! :D ), I lost Brian to miniature toy bike racing :D , Randy, and Troy. If any of you others have ever thought about racing, now is the time to get things done!

There are a bunch of track days in the off-season, and riders schools galore.

My philosophy on racing is simple: Have fun, keep the rubber side down 'til the end of the race.
The cost if nominal for endurance racing (though I may do some sprints next year), and it is definately the best bang for the buck in racing. CMRA has the largest endurance series oout of anywhere around, and pays contingency in some areas to 5th place (Dunlop tires, which I use, pays down to 5th in class)!!

I have a reliable, well set up bike, and the SV is the most economical bike to race. The engine is virtually bullet proof, and so many parts are interchangable with the GSXR, it keeps the cost of replacement parts low.

The only sticky points are, we share all costs (consumables) except crash damage.
We split oil, filters, fuel, tires, entry fees, and maintenance/ repair items.
Crash damage is the sole responsibility of the crasher. There are some teams that modify this type of agreement with crashing to say things like "the crasher is responsible for the first $500 repair costs, the balance is split between the team". This could all be discussed of course, when ever a team is established.

Anyway, I know this is a lot of info to digest, but if you are interested in racing with me next year, please email or call.

PS
I will not be teaming/pitting with the #29 SV next year, in case some of you are wondering. There are no problems between us, but they are selling their bike and not racing next year. I will likely be buying many of the spares from them, possibly even the trailer- we'll cross that bridge when we get there, this season isn't even done yet! ;)

AaronEustace
August 4th, 2004, 12:43 PM
No need to ' work ' on me; I'm in with both feet. I like the idea of an H-town TSBA team. The split-cost basis seems fair and the only logical way to run an endurance rig. Now, if we could just open your mind up to Pirelli's :D .

Personally, I'm signed up for 8/9 TWS and 8/23 Cresson track days and plan to take the LSTD/CMRA racing license course 9/18-19 when it becomes available. Also, I'm looking half-assedly :D for a sprint bike of my own.

Oskar_Z28
August 4th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Tom, what's your e-mail address? I want to ask you something.

VFRacer-R
August 4th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Try the email icon on my post- I checked my profile deal and it all changed somehow....
Anyway, if it doesn't work again here it is:
tommyp1*AT*nstci.com

Pete
August 5th, 2004, 06:15 AM
Double B you doing the whole season?

VFRacer-R
August 5th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Yup, doing the whole season. This season was supposed to be a learning season, and it was- so I am ready for a full season.
I am making some changes, I have learned a lot of what I DON'T want to do next year. Next year is going to be low stress, emphasis on fun.

rtbain
August 6th, 2004, 10:02 AM
I am interested, but let me see how my skills are at TWS on 18 September. Maybe my skills improved in my memory over time. smile.gif

The bad news is I can ride it equally poorly no matter what the set up or tire choice. Good news is I know where the real problem lies.

Famous racing words, "the b.s. stops when the green flag drops".

Other famous racing words "you can beat me, but you can't have more fun than me".

And if my wife asks, please tell her I am at a house if ill repute. I will get into MUCH less trouble.

[ August 06, 2004, 11:05: Message edited by: Randy Bain ]

rtbain
August 6th, 2004, 11:07 AM
It just occurred to me that I have an older Eyetallion motorbike in the garage that might serve as a descent race mount.

Since the "owner" is out of the country I hear no objections to using it on the track.

Rlhay2
August 10th, 2004, 01:58 PM
I would like to have a roster of 4 (myself + 3 others), and would actually like to make it a kind of "TSBA Houston" team...Do the TSBA members "have" to be from Houston?

The MoFos may be reorganizing next year due to one of the members returning to school.
--
Ronnie

VFRacer-R
August 10th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Ronnie H.:
Do the TSBA members "have" to be from Houston?

The MoFos may be reorganizing next year due to one of the members returning to school.
--
Ronnie Nope, it would be nice to have everyone in the general area for repair and maintenance days.
Since I wadded the bike yesterday, I would probably like to race with you guys so I don't have to fix my bike!! :D

But no, I would not mind people from other TSBA chapters, that would be fun. Of course, it brings up another point, we could have 1 team with 2 frames... in case one gets crashed, we could bring out "frame B" to finish the race... combine both bikes to one team.

And Ronnie, I would really like to have you on the team if that is what you are reffering to, email me and let me know where you are leading.

[ August 10, 2004, 16:09: Message edited by: Boogity Boogity ]