PDA

View Full Version : SMR 05-02-04

Schreck
May 1st, 2004, 11:15 AM
Weather is forecast says clear skies, so who's going?
I'll be out riding since Saturday was a wash-out thanks to the cold front again.... :D
Tuff luck for the one's up in Cresson this weekend. :D Paul, Scotty, Arpad, Brian, Pete and the rest of you who like the weather in the 70's. tongue.gif

Schreck
May 1st, 2004, 05:48 PM
Ok, I found 3 riders who are going to join me so are any of you old farts going or not...Does anyone have there computers on today??? :rolleyes:

CalamariKid
May 1st, 2004, 06:22 PM
Count this old fart in. I plan on taking it easy as the roads will still be wet.

ST_Kelly
May 2nd, 2004, 11:49 AM
I would have liked to especialy since yesturady was a wash out but, work asked me to come in

Schreck
May 2nd, 2004, 01:50 PM
Wow! What a day we had Blue sky and No bugs, No PoPo....Who showed Scott, Scotty, Charles, Alex New wanna be TSBA member, picked up two more in Fat-ville. We decided to ride to the lake and back to Brookshire. I can now say that the GSXR 1000 is a great bike to own and pleased with it's performance. No-one had problems except the New-be Alex who picked up a nail which we clipped so he could make it home. :D

Jim P.
May 3rd, 2004, 06:54 PM
Hey dudes... wanta know how us old farts are still riding at our age?? (55),,, we ride smart and ride hard... we hate bad weather.. so does our bodies... wanta know whats better than riding a rocket????????????? riding a rocket that is not all scratched..dented and trashed... just some things us "old farts" have learned... see you.. glad you had a good time....

Jim

The Big Spank Daddy
May 3rd, 2004, 08:39 PM
Jeff hooked up with a newbie with an R1 from his work. They went out on their own and did 362 north, 3090 and the forest run to Kings Cafe. Jeff said they saw no LEOs either.

You guys will have to ask him about his kitten story on our next outing. Seems that out on 149 some kittens jumped out of a pick-up and he freaked out :eek:

Schreck
May 3rd, 2004, 08:48 PM
Hey Jim,
What's all that supposed to mean???? HSN is a group that is set up just for that....You know talk and hang out and look at each others bike. It's nice to get out and catch some bugs every now and then wouldn't you agree? I'm old and it's nice to see some familiar faces riding the back roads. :D

arpad
May 8th, 2004, 02:26 PM
One of us was in San Antonio this weekend. I reprisented the Houston Chapter in the Hill Country on Monday May 3rd. Breakfast in Bandera at the OST Restaraunt. Sv1000s did alright, but the Gixxer 1000 is much more fun. Went to Medina, took a left to Vanderpool, smoked a cigarette, then back home. Roads were dry, sun was out, and no leos.