PDA

View Full Version : This Sunday's SMR 11/11

Todd Hoffmaster
November 6th, 2001, 09:45 PM
James Thomas has a route to lead us on, along with some Austinites. He & I invited some others to join us for a ride in the hill country.
Same meeting place for us and then it's off to: 32/12 meet others, 32, 473, 281, 473, Comfort, Cypress Creek, Kerrville - 16, Medina - 337, Leakey, 83, 1050, Utopia, 470, 16, Bandera, PR37, then back to Helotes.
So be ready to ride at 7:30am for this one.

We might have to ride more and talk less on this ride. Can this be done?

[ November 06, 2001: Message edited by: Todd H. ]

RUNNINHORN
November 6th, 2001, 10:09 PM
Can someone email me and let me know where everyone is meeting for the ride? Better yet, where are the guys from Austin meeting before they take off to head to the 'real' meeting place? So that i can just go with them......

James Thomas
November 7th, 2001, 08:53 AM
RH, Chris and Reyndogg are meeting up at the Oakhill Y, between 8-815.

James Thomas
November 7th, 2001, 09:01 AM
Seeing we are going up Bulverde road let's meet at the Diamond Shamrock at 1604/Bulverde so that all the NE peeps don't have to drive all the way out to Helotes!!

I changed the calendar to reflect NE meeting point by 730, depart 745.

[ November 07, 2001: Message edited by: SAT KAT ]

wonderdawg
November 7th, 2001, 11:15 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SAT KAT:
[QB]Seeing we are going up Bulverde road let's meet at the Diamond Shamrock at 1604/Bulverde so that all the NE peeps don't have to drive all the way out to Helotes!!

Kewl! That means I get to sleep til 7:25. smile.gif

See ya Sunday.

Inlaw1
November 7th, 2001, 11:46 AM
James. I think maybe the timing for your meet up at 12/32 is off a bit. If the Austin contingent is leaving the Y in Oak Hill at 0815-0830 it will put them at the rendezvous point about 45 minutes later, or 0900-0915.

It takes SA 45-50 minutes to get to the same rendezvous point from the DS at Bulverde Rd. That would put the SA guys there 30-45 minutes ahead of the Austin guys. Maybe even up to an hour if they are delayed any.

May want to re-think our depart time, or theirs.

James Thomas
November 7th, 2001, 11:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Stoops:
Time............<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's kinda like this: we say we are gonna leave at 7:45, but don't leave until 8:00. ;)

Inlaw1
November 7th, 2001, 12:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RUNNINHORN:
where are the guys from Austin meeting before they take off to head to the 'real' meeting place?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The Y in Oak Hill at the intersection of Hwy 290 and 71 is where these guys are meeting. When the meet is at this location they usually meet at / behind the Jim's restaurant / in front of the Albertson's / in that general area. If you don't find them then come down to Diamond Shamrock at the intersection of 12 / 32 south of Wimberley and hook up with us there.

I honestly don't know who is coming from Austin so I don't know whom to tell you to look for. There is nothing on the Austin TSBA forum about this ride and it may be James is hooking us up with a couple of his friends from up that way. I'd suggest emailing him for more details. jimthomas@satx.rr.com

If you would like to try and just hook up with the Austin TSBA for a ride then you would need to get on that forum and make some noise. Those guys weren't riding much for a while there, but are getting back in the groove again! YEA! smile.gif We've hooked up with them two or three times in the last couple months. Just make some noise and see if anyone is riding any particular weekend. Go read previous ride threads in their forum to find the usual depart point.

That's about all I can help you with. SA rides out in the Hill Country every weekend pretty much. That is if we don't come up your way. So just monitor the forums weekly and find out if anyone is riding / which way they are going. We'd be happy to hook up with ya and ride. That is if we don't this weekend! :D

Inlaw1
November 7th, 2001, 12:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SAT KAT:
It's kinda like this: we say we are gonna leave at 7:45, but don't leave until 8:00.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Well, that was true until here lately. Mikes been cracking the whip about on time departures. Last week we actually left earlier by a few minutes. That was a first! :D

It dun matter to me if you all want to hang a few extra minutes before we leave. I always need some more time. I seem to look up and everyone is on their bikes looking at me waiting for me to finish suiting up! redface.gif :rolleyes:

Todd Hoffmaster
November 7th, 2001, 04:54 PM
So that means that we can sleep in till 7am and then meet up at 7:30 - 7:45 and leave at 8:00. I love this daylight savings time. :D

SCOTT MEEHLEIB
November 10th, 2001, 07:35 PM
Just a heads up. I found out the hard way Sanchez was working 337 between Vanderpool and leaky last weekend. He had two unmarked units working with him.

Take care,
Scott :mad:

James Thomas
November 10th, 2001, 07:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TEXANBPA:
Just a heads up. I found out the hard way Sanchez was working 337 between Vanderpool and leaky last weekend. He had two unmarked units working with him.

Take care,
Scott :mad:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Scott - hey Todd, you leading through the mountain?? PUHLEEEZE

SCOTT MEEHLEIB
November 10th, 2001, 07:46 PM
I'll be out in the 337 area tomorrow. Not sure what time yet. Maybe I'll see you guys in Vanderpool or Leaky.

Todd Hoffmaster
November 10th, 2001, 09:33 PM
Sanchez will bust you at 10 over, no if's and's or but's. He doesn't like motorcyclist at all.
I'll lead us up and thru the mountain, just hope that there are others out there, too. Radar detectors only work when someone else is in front of you :eek:
See you all at 7:30ish. Scott we'll se you at Vanderpool/Leakey.

Inlaw1
November 10th, 2001, 10:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TEXANBPA:
I'll be out in the 337 area tomorrow. Not sure what time yet. Maybe I'll see you guys in Vanderpool or Leaky.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey Scott! Long time, no hear. I saw your bike for sale on the board. ??? Look for us out there, lets hook up! It would be good to see you, and ride again.

And what's this with you and Sanchez? He smacked you? No inter agency camaraderie? I guess those Federal get out of jail cards just aren't what they used to be! :( tongue.gif

Inlaw1
November 11th, 2001, 10:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mike benson:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SAT KAT:
[QB]Kewl! That means I get to sleep til 7:25. smile.gif
See ya Sunday.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Seems you slept a little later than that Mikey! smile.gif We missed ya man!

Inlaw1
November 14th, 2001, 10:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bill via:
you misspelt "shutting up" };)&gt;
bill<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey! Bite me dough boy!!
http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/images/smilies/doublefinger.gif Now go crawl back under your own forum! tongue.gif

James Thomas
November 14th, 2001, 01:03 PM

you misspelt "shutting up" };)&gt;
bill<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.katanaplanet.com/ikonboard/non-cgi/emoticons/lmao.gif

Inlaw1
November 14th, 2001, 01:12 PM
I am a multi-forum man<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You mis-spelled formed. smile.gif

Ryan Hulslander
November 14th, 2001, 01:22 PM
LADIES! Please!

:D

Inlaw1
November 14th, 2001, 01:24 PM
James, that other *** cheek of yours is getting a bigger and bigger bulls eye! http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/images/smilies/doublefinger.gif

If you guys would stop attacking me so much, I would not have to respond so much. No wonder I just broke 500 post's. You have me in a catch 22.

Inlaw1
November 14th, 2001, 01:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Former Super Pimpin XX Mack Daddy:
LADIES! Please! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Please what?

Inlaw1
November 14th, 2001, 02:27 PM
Over 500 opinions served...and growing<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Whatever.....

Todd Hoffmaster
November 14th, 2001, 10:06 PM
Are you a previous Kelly AFB worker?