PDA

View Full Version : November's meeting recap

Todd Hoffmaster
November 26th, 2001, 09:22 AM
Since most of you did not show for the monthly meeting(only 5 of us did), I will touch on the subjects that I brought up.

1. Toys for tots run - December 8th meet at Joe Harrison's @ 9ish and bring an unwrapped toy. You will receive a free t-shirt. The ride will leave out @ 11am and should finish up around 2pm. Last year there were only 4 sportbikes - John C., Miriam & I, and a couple on a ZX9R. It's a nice 2up ride to help the children in San Antonio. Joe Harrison will donate an additional $10 for every bike that shows up to ride, too. So the more that show the more he pays :cool:
2. This year we have ridden quite a bit more than last year. We are still riding every weekend - rain or shine. This is great! We are getting new members, having less accidents (only 1 serious accident this year) and a lot of us are improving on our riding skills. I know that I have improved...
3. Adopt a Highway Program - I would like for us to adopt a section of roadway to call our own. The sign will read Texas Sportbike Association - San Antonio Chapter. The committment is for 2 years and we have to clean our section 4 times per year - which means that we only miss out on 4 days of riding total each year. I can't tell you what roads there are to choose from until I have a committment from all of you - I don't want just 8 of us to show up on a Saturday to clean up 2 miles of roadway.
4. Starting at January's meeting we will start having a quick safety talk on riding technique. This will help our new members(if they would come to the meetings)on how we ride. It'll only take a few minutes and I would like it if a different member would give the talk every month. Gary's first :D
5. If the club bought a couple of chatterboxes, would any members buy their own headsets ($30per helmet) and use them on the rides? It's mainly to help out with the leader - middleperson - sweeper. They will help to keep the bunch together, road conditions, rider technique, directions, cops, and mechanical breakdowns. You do not have to wear the chatterbox, it can sit in your tankbag, clip onto a jacket, or clip onto your helmet. The same people do not have to use it every ride, either. They battery powered (I just choose to run mine on 12volts).
That was pretty much it.

[ November 26, 2001: Message edited by: Todd H. ]

bobby robbins
November 26th, 2001, 11:16 PM
Todd, I like what your doing as Pres.. The adopted a HWY sounds pretty cool to me, so count me in. :cool: I'll try hard to make the toys for tots ride, maybe I can forget about the NCOA for a day. I'm already trying to think a good topic to talk about at one of the meetings. As for the head sets, I think the Buelligan is to loud for me to hear anything. smile.gif Let me know.

wardsweb
November 27th, 2001, 07:22 AM
1) I'll ride, if I'm able. I pulled a muscle in my lower back AGAIN yesterday. Right now on anit-inflammatories, muscle relaxers and pain meds. Man, just when I thought I was back to 100%. It's hell to get old. :(

2)I'm trying to ride more, as it's the only way to really get better and I need to get a lot better to be at your level. smile.gif

3)Highway deal is cool. Count me in. :cool:

4)Sounds good to me. I need all the help I can get. :confused:

5)I'm up for the box thing. Which one are you thinking about; FRS Mulit-Sport, FRS X2, GMRS X1 or the HJC-90?. I've been looking at these for myself.
Alpha Sports Chatterbox Page (http://www.alpha-sports.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi?db=stuff.dat&search=chatter)
Anyway, I like to ride sweep and because "my pace" usually keeps me there anyway. :D

Todd Hoffmaster
November 27th, 2001, 06:23 PM
To keep some money in the account, I was thinking about the Multi-sport models @ $159.00.

wardsweb
November 27th, 2001, 08:52 PM
The Multi-Sports are up on Ebay every week. If you keep a look out, you should be able to pick up a new or like new unit for around $100.