PDA

View Full Version : SMR 12-23 Reminder!

Inlaw1
December 22nd, 2001, 10:17 AM
Just a reminder that the Sun. morning ride start time is a little later than usual this week, due to temps.

Meet at 0900, leave by 0930!

And there is a Mon. morning ride also. Meet in Helotes at 1000, and leave by 1030.

Not much riding time the last couple weeks, so lets go make up for it! :D

tiller
December 22nd, 2001, 04:21 PM
I will be thare. Any guys wont to meet at 1604/bulverde 8:30? If so let me Know.

Inlaw1
December 22nd, 2001, 06:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TillerNutt:
I will be thare. Any guys wont to meet at 1604/bulverde 8:30? If so let me Know.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'll hook up wit ya. At the Diamond Shamrock? Or on the West bound service road?

Todd Hoffmaster
December 22nd, 2001, 06:19 PM
9am sounds real good to me smile.gif

bobby robbins
December 22nd, 2001, 09:52 PM
I wish I could be there!! It feels like I haven't been out on the Buell in months. I have to work the weekend. Have a great ride..

tiller
December 23rd, 2001, 12:52 AM
C ya Stoops!!! By the way got my pcII so look out!!!! Too bad bobby, I was looking to play with some buells smile.gif Maybe Lance will show up with his buell???:&gt;

needforspeed2
December 23rd, 2001, 02:11 AM
No doubt big daddy!!. My wife's in the hospital, but she still got me some new leathers ! So i'll be ready to play :D

[ December 23, 2001: Message edited by: Lance Reynolds ]

JJTX
December 23rd, 2001, 04:58 AM
Well so much for me for the SMR! :mad: Nothing like waiting 1.5hours for your truck to arrive at work. Even if I COULD get to sleep NOW (5am), three hours just dosent do it for me! smile.gif :mad:

See ya's monday tho!

Inlaw1
December 23rd, 2001, 07:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TillerNutt:
C ya Stoops!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yea, ok. On the service road? Or at gas station???????

Guess I'll drive around until I see ya.

James Thomas
December 23rd, 2001, 02:46 PM
Hope you gas hungry twins got home okay. I high tailed it from Boerne whilst Jim, Todd, and Gary helped Tommy get some gas in his tiller a few miles outside of Boerne. Almost made it tongue.gif

Hope to see most ya'll tomorrow at 10am.

needforspeed2
December 23rd, 2001, 04:15 PM
Finally got home at 3:00 ! :( When i re-started at the turn into Kendalia, I ran out of gas ! redface.gif Guess what- there ain't no gas for sale in that town. I even went door to door beggin, but no luck. Finally Scott offered to go into SA and bring some fuel back out. Bummer. (thanks alot for your help Scott. Really smile.gif ) I sat at the **** store for about 30 minutes, then i noticed some activity at the Fire Department. Lo and behold a very nice guy lent me about 2 gallons of gas ! :D Got me to the store on 281. :D :D

Great day all in all though.

Todd Hoffmaster
December 23rd, 2001, 07:21 PM
Lance you should have gone with us, so that you could have sat with Thomas on the side of the road waiting for me to buy a gas can and gas. I filled up the SVS and I only had .4 gallons in my tank.
It was a great day to ride, currently I am on claritin trying to get rid of the cedar pollen that's infested my body.
Gary, sorry about drifting wide on the 100mph sweeper :eek: I hate leading :rolleyes:
See you all next weekend.
Merry Xmas and happy new year!! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/xmas/wmann.gif

Inlaw1
December 23rd, 2001, 08:14 PM
So Lance, that Buell has no reserve on it?? Or how about a warning light or something? It just runs out of gas? That's not cool. We wondered what the heck happened to ya. Someone said you were talking with Scott at that last intersection and thought you headed towards town with him. Sorry about that, but we did have to help someone else that ran out of gas (thomas!). Glad everyone finally got home. Heck Lance, you beat me home. I didn't get home until 3:45.

needforspeed2
December 23rd, 2001, 08:54 PM
Yeah, the reserve light came on when we turned onto crabapple road. Reserve has 4/10 of a gallon. so i went toooo far :eek:

JJTX
December 23rd, 2001, 09:20 PM
Did any of you come down Bulverde road this afternoon? Saw a couple bikes on my way out to 281 for a quick ride.

Scott Rich
December 23rd, 2001, 10:06 PM
Yep. Lance, me, and the guy on the brand new Duc (sorry I can't remember your name) prepared to head east out of Kendalia on 473 back to 281 and SA.. but as soon as we did, Lance needed gas and none was to be found - even after Lance knocked on a couple of frightened yokels' doors. I eventually decided to head home for gas. Kind of ironic, eh... a Superhawk fetchin' fuel? BTW, I ran my bike dry about three years ago amd the low fuel light has remained on ever since! That's why you see me refueling at **** near every stop we make smile.gif .

tiller
December 23rd, 2001, 11:39 PM
First off thank you Todd,Jim and gary for helping and my hungry tiller, Thank you.
I would like to say that woun't happen agin but I would be a liar smile.gif.I am for now on going to fuel up at all are stop's. I had a good ride it felt good to be out thare on the tiller.
I look forwerd to the ride's on Sunday's.It gets me thru the week smile.gif
Later and thank's agin

Inlaw1
December 24th, 2001, 09:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe P.:
Did any of you come down Bulverde road this afternoon? Saw a couple bikes on my way out to 281 for a quick ride.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yep! That was Thomas and I. I saw the R1 going the other way, but didn't put you on it. Didn't recognize you. ****!

Inlaw1
December 24th, 2001, 09:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lance Reynolds:
Yeah, the reserve light came on when we turned onto crabapple road. Reserve has 4/10 of a gallon. so i went toooo far :eek:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>4/10's of a gallon should of gotten you a lot further than just down crab apple road bud. My fuel light came on about the same time and I made it into Boerne no problem. My reserve it .75 gallon and I can get 30 miles (that I know of) out of it.

Inlaw1
December 24th, 2001, 09:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scott Rich:
Kind of ironic, eh... a Superhawk fetchin' fuel?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>LOL! :D That is a too funny! The bike that's one of the biggest risk's of running out of gas...getting gas!

You guys need to start re-setting your trip meters (most bikes have two) each time you refuel so you know how far you can go on a tank, and when you are getting close to that range.

Scott Rich
December 24th, 2001, 09:56 AM
I don't know why I never thought of this before, but I think I'm gonna look for some sort of easily stored/coiled hose to siphon with, just for emergencies like yesterday.

tiller
December 24th, 2001, 03:36 PM
Scott you are an Einstein!!!!! I have a hose on my workbench that will do the job!!! I thank it will reach from one tank to another It will be in the back of my bike with the tire kit,rain gear. cya all next sunday with a full tank of GAS!!!!!!! smile.gif

Todd Hoffmaster
December 24th, 2001, 03:45 PM
I'll bring the new gas can with me, too smile.gifJ/K I think that the siphon hose is a great idea and it'll store easily under a seat, too. Try to find a clear one, though, that way you can see the fuel coming at you and you won't have to taste it.

tiller
December 24th, 2001, 10:54 PM
The hose on my bench is a.........clear one
that is 5' long and will be in the back of my bike come Sunday.