PDA

View Full Version : Today's ride

Todd Hoffmaster
December 30th, 2001, 04:26 PM
You all missed a good ride today. Bobby, Phil(GSXR 1000 - future member), Ed (RC51 - future member), and myself went to Bandera for breakfast/thawout and then off to Leakey. The roads were great with very little traffic, especially motor bike traffic. The balaclava is the bomb at keeping the face warm. No fogging up and no cold neck, either. Definitely worth the $15.00. Now my feet and fingers are another story. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/person/aazcold.gif
Happy New Year to you all,

ps. the Arenacross at the Alamodome is coming up on the 25 - 27th of Jan. and it's some good action and only $15.00 per person. www.ticketmaster.com (http://www.ticketmaster.com)

[ January 01, 2002: Message edited by: Todd H. ]

wardsweb
December 30th, 2001, 04:46 PM
Ya'll are hardcore. I need to invest in some cold weather gear before I ride in anything below 50 degrees again.

Luther "meow" Ward
2000 GSX1300R

needforspeed2
December 30th, 2001, 05:31 PM
Sorry i missed this one, but were still on baby watch over here. Delisa's still in the hospital and i didn't want to try and line up a baby sitter for Sunday morning. Maybe next weekend. :D

bobby robbins
January 1st, 2002, 03:00 PM
It was a great ride! :D It wasn't all that bad temperature wise, and this is coming from mister I'm freezing. A windbreaker under the leathers would have been nice.
Todd, I just ordered the new crossroad bars for the Cyclone. I hope to have them on by Sunday. Might take some time getting used to them.
Does anyone need a Dunlop 205 front tire that is in excellent shape? Going cheap!!!

needforspeed2
January 3rd, 2002, 12:36 PM
Hey Bobby,

too bad you ordered the handlebars already. I just found some plastic for my X1 and the set comes with new bars. I could have let you use my old ones to see how you liked them.

[ January 03, 2002: Message edited by: Lance Reynolds ]

[ January 03, 2002: Message edited by: Lance Reynolds ]

bobby robbins
January 3rd, 2002, 09:08 PM
Now you tell me!! That's ok, I think they take different bars. I have read 2 articles on the XB9R. Sounds like a very nice bike. I'm not sure if I want keep the Cyclone and do some upgrades or get a new Firebolt. The Cyclone has proven itself to be a good ride. I have pushed it hard over the last year without any problems. I like having that real Harley motor under me. It's blown a few minds the way it has performed all year. This motor wasn't built
to be run like this, but yet it does.. What do ya think?
:cool:

[ January 03, 2002: Message edited by: bobby robbins ]

James Thomas
January 3rd, 2002, 10:15 PM
Bobby, one word on the Firebolt

BUY THE DARN THING

:D ok, so it's 4 words :D